Rob Berman Value Proposition
Key Accomplishments Summary
• A Product Development and Marketing Executive
• Boosted revenue 375% over three‐year period with a proven track record of success growing the
from $7M to $26M. top and bottom lines.
• Turned around operation which moved business
from $560,000 loss to $1.13 million profit. • Media trained blogger, author in, and interview
subject of, various publications.
• Increased revenue 58% from $6.3 million to $10
million. • Experienced in small, medium and large companies
as well as matrixed and multi‐national organizations.
• Responsible for building and operating first full‐
service Marketing Department for $300 million
division in U.S. and Canada. • Domestic and international markets experience.
• Introduced three new services while revising three • Skilled in the areas of Product / Service
services generating more than $10.6 million within Development, Business / Market Development,
six‐month period. Product / Brand Management, Communications /
Media Placement, General Management and
• Began operations in India resulting in second‐year Strategic Planning.
revenue of $8 million.
• Directed and led inter‐divisional cross‐selling • Innovative and persistent problem solver who
activities resulting in $2 million first‐year revenue. thrives on challenges, excels under pressure and
gets the job done.
• Increased close ratio by 25% in targeted areas by
analyzing data by SIC code and geography and • Builder and developer of employees.
Industry Experience Global Experience Education
• Insurance • Operated in US and internationally • MBA in Marketing
• Consulting and Business Coaching • Traveled to 20 countries on business • BA in Accounting/Bus Admin
• Roadside Assistance Services • Performed operational reviews
• Service Contracts • Worldwide single point for referrals
Product Management Project Management Product Development
• Implemented Product Mgt Process • Multi‐million dollar projects • Brought over 30 new & revised
• Pricing and margin implementation • Project ownership products and services to market
• Created strategies to drive business • Project governance • Stage gate process
• Steering committees • Market expansion mentality
• Customer focused solutions
Marketing Communications Market Research Financial Outcome
• Advertising/Public Relations • Surveys • Managed budgets up to $7
• Internet / Intranet development • Segmentation million
• Interviewed by publications • Customer needs identification • Negotiated financial deals
• Social Media • Contract and vendor
• Blogger negotiations
Results Business Outcomes Demand Creation
• Boosted revenues 375% over 3 years • Increased revenue production • Profit improvement through
• Grew revenue 58% in one year • Expense management savings pricing, promotion & positioning
• Moved business from $560,000 loss • Streamlined business processes • Segmented business goals
to $1.13 million profit • Reorganized business units • Record of sales & margin growth
Strategic Planning Business Development Performance Measurement
• Multi‐year Strategic Plan drafting • Target Market identification • Devised performance scorecards
• SWOT Analysis • Cross‐selling initiatives • Developed process dashboards
• Competitive Landscape Review • Proposal Development • Set standards and managed
• Cost Benefit Analysis • Unique Selling Proposition performance
• Channel Management
General Management HR Management Leadership
• 15 years of P&L responsibility • Hiring and retaining talent (17 staff) • Created high performing teams
• Business Unit Management • Assist under‐performers • Management skills coaching
• Budgeting and forecasting • Matrix Management • Results oriented
• Accountability • Cross‐functional teams