Jitsi is a set of open-source projects that allows you to easily build and deploy secure videoconferencing solutions. It is best known for its Jitsi Meet video conferencing platform, meet.jit.si where the community can use Jitsi Meet instance for totally free video conferences. Jitsi is 100% open source and freely available to use and develop with.
How to conduct an
online class using
Ramesh C Sharma
22 March 2020
Please note: Works better with “Chrome Browser”
What is Jitsi?
• Jitsi is a set of open-source projects that allows you to
easily build and deploy secure videoconferencing solutions.
At the heart of Jitsi are Jitsi Videobridge and Jitsi Meet,
which let you have conferences on the internet, while other
projects in the community enable other features such as
audio, dial-in, recording, and simulcasting.
• Jitsi started life as a way to talk to people over the internet
using audio and video.
Free Jitsi Meet Service
The easiest way to get started
with Jitsi is to start a meeting on
its free Jitsi Meet service
Jitsi Mobile Apps
Get from : https://jitsi.org/downloads/
• Auto-view the active speaker or click on
any attendee to see their video
• Android and iOS apps
• Text chatting (web only)
• Lock a room with a password
• Screen sharing (if jidesha is setup, only
required in Chrome)
• Streaming a conference to YouTube live
(if Jibri is configured)
• Shared text document based on Etherpad
• Raise/Lower your hand for attention
• Participant talk-time statistics
• Push-to-talk mode
• Play a YouTube video to all attendees call
• Audio-only option
• Telephone dial-in to a conference (if Jigasi is
• Dial-out to a telephone participant (if Jigasi is
• Integration in other apps / websites