Microsoft is not only a valued partner of Mindjet but also a customer. Our applications have spread across a variety of groups within Microsoft including their product teams, development, consulting services and their content development groups. For instance, the ability to use maps to branch out topics has helped Microsoft’s content development team map out content of sections within their resource centers. This allows the team to get a visual understanding of the layout of the site to ensure the user has the best experience possible. Microsoft’s Consulting Services (MCS) also uses MindManager as a tool to capture client requirements, capture and organize ideas to tackle complex issues, and to develop project plans. http://www.flickr.com/photos/24890198@N05/2352874700/sizes/l/in/photostream/
37.8% of the firms surveyed rated the ability to develop strategic account plans as mission critical for their sales teams, while another 51.4% rated it as very important (total 89.2%). The issue, as shown in the chart above, is that only 8.3% of those firms Exceed Expectations at this important aspect of selling, while 54.9% know that they need to make improvements in this task.
NO ACTIVE COLLABORATION & PLANNING: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email don't support active collaboration on account strategies Linear tools can’t show “big picture & fine details”Time consumingNot actionable
We all recognize the problem – we’re bombarded with information, and most methods for capturing information are extremely time-consuming. Ideas, insights and opinions shared in meetings are often critical, but the information is often lost in a disorganized array of notes. And, it’s extremely difficult to move from a wealth of inputs to a coherent action plan. This picture is from an actual product development session at Intel. You can imagine everyone in the room brainstorming and collecting ideas. This will get distilled down into PowerPoint slides or a spreadsheet, but the collective thinking gets left behind.
Ew conversation feb28 2012 mind mapping and mind jet
The EW Conversation2/28/2012Agenda: • Upcoming Events • The Conversation – Telling Your Story… Visually Marty Levy & Kai Van de Carr - Mindjet • Q&A/Next Topics
EW Calendar www.execworld.orgExecWorld Conversation - Concall/Webcast28 Feb 2012 5:30 PM (PST) • Dial In: (512) 400-4809 |PIN: 1424840www.anymeeting.com/execworld1ExecWorld Quarterly Speaker Series08 Mar 2012 6:00 PM • Faz Restaurant, 1108 N. Mathilda, Sunnyvale,CA 94089Sales Leadership Council Meeting13 Mar 2012 12:00 PM (PDT) • Bay Cafe, Palo Alto, CA.Career Strategy Group14 Mar 2012 12:00 PM • Bay Cafe (Palo Alto Golf Course)
Tonight’s Conversation:Tools of the Trade - Mindjet
Complex Sales & Company ProjectsWhat do they have in common? 5
What is MindMapping? “…a new generation of‗mind-mapping‘ software canbe used as a digital ‗blankslate‘ to help connect andsynthesize ideas and data—and ultimately create newknowledge.” - Bill Gates, Time Magazine 6
What is Mindjet? Turn Your Ideas into Action:• Shows Overviews & Details Clearly• Validate priorities• Get buy-in on goals & strategies• Map out timelines• Identify RisksLet’s Take A Quick Glance… 7
2011 “Sales Management Optimization Study” Firms rate ability to develop Strategic Account Plans89.2% as Mission Critical or Very Important Exceed Expectations at Strategic8.3% Account Planning 9
Sales Account Planning Challenges ―CRM systems have given sales people a way to capture deal data, but analysis – the art of turning the data into meaningful information – still eludes them‖ - Beagle Research Group So, in a complex sale how do you: • Client Discovery • Plan, Strategize, & Collaborate? • Build Org Charts? • Turn ―Analysis‖ into Action? 10
2010 PMI Quote ―Projects fail due to lack of information & misaligned70% expectations in the early Project Planning Process‖ 11