• Solar power generation is the simply the
generating the energy from sun.
• Solar energy is the mechanism of generation
of solar energy with the help of technology
used to trap the sun’s energy and make it
usable for other purposes.
• Sun emit the energy in the form of
electromagnetic radiation and this energy is
converted into the thermal or electrical
energy on earth.
• Photovoltaic cells are also knows as solar
• It is usually installed on the rooftops.
• Photovoltaic cells are made up of
semiconductor materials like monocrystalline
silicon, polycrystalline silicon, copper indium
• When sunlight falls on the cells, electrons
become loose and they flow through the cell
and generate electricity.
• Solar power plants implement the variety
of techniques to generate the solar energy
as a source of heat.
• This heat energy is used to run the turbine
and boil water to generate the electricity.
• This generated electricity is supply to the
residential and commercial areas.
DC PowerAC Power
• Solar power panels are mounted on the
rooftop to generate the solar power for
• To keep the building warm at night, big
windows are installed on the direction of
sun to consume the sunrays on the
absorbent materials present on the floor
• Solar energy is the inexhaustible source of
• Solar energy is noise and pollution free.
• Solar energy can also be generated in the
night with the help of photo switching.
• Solar technologies are costly but, they give
good return on investment within a few years.
• Many countries including Japan, US, India are
investing in solar energy generation.