COMPILER V/S INTERPRETER
Interpreted code istranslated to machine instructions step by step while the program is
Compiled code has been translated before program execution.
- Python runs virtually every major platform used today.
- As long as you have a compatible python interpreter installed, python programs will
run in exactly the same manner, irrespective of platform.
- Dynamic typing –type of a variable isinterpreted at run time.
- Built-in types and tools
- Library utilities
- Third party utilities (e.g. NumPy, SciPy)
- Automatic memory management
Numpy- library, support for large, multidimensional arrays and matrices,
along with a large collection of high level mathematical functions to
operate on the arrays.
Scipy- Contains modules for optimization, linear algebra signals, image
Python is an object-oriented programming language. It allows us to develop applications
using an object oriented approach. Inpython, we can easily create and use classes and
Everything is object inpython.
structure supports such concepts - polymorphism, operation overloading, and inheritance.
PYTHON IS OBJECT-ORIENTED
IDLE (Integrated Development and Learning Environment) is an integrated development
environment (IDE) forPython.
The Python installer for Windows contains the IDLE module by default.
IDLE can be used to execute a single statement just like Python Shell and also to create,
modify and execute Python scripts.
WHY DO PEOPLE USE PYTHON…?
• Interms of number of developers using, number of libraries we
have, number of companies using and number of areas we can
Fastest growing Language
• Python's syntax is easy to learn, so both non-programmers and
programmers can start programming right away.
• Python looks more like a readable
WHAT CAN I DO WITH PYTHON…?
• System programming
• Graphical User Interface Programming
• Internet Scripting
• Component Integration
• Database Programming
• Gaming, Images, XML , Robot and more
WHY OTHER BRANCHES HAS
ECE- Python can be used for signal processing tasks using NumPy andSciPy. Toimplement
digital signal processing algorithms
EEE- controlling and automating test equipment. Python was originally created fortext parsing
so it’s amazingly useful to sift through huge amounts of text data to extract useful information -
digital oscilloscope-It can output waveforms as raw CSV data.
ME- Mechanical and automobile industries use python to automate tasks. To write scripts and
then import them to a CFD software to test numerous designs. Toperform numerical analysis.
CIV- the applications of data science in civil engineering: Population forecasting for urban
planning, water supply & sewerage system. Risk assessment andmitigation such as prediction
of floods, earthquakes, cyclones.
WHO USES PYTHON TODAY…
Python is being applied in real revenue-generating products by real companies.
• Google makes extensive use of Python in its web search system.
• Intel, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, Seagate, Qualcomm, and IBM use Python for
• ESRI uses Python as an end-user customization tool for its popular GIS
• The YouTube video sharing service is largely written in Python
Invented in the Netherlands, early 90s by Guido van Rossum
Python was conceived in the late 1980s and its implementation
was started in December 1989
Guido Van Rossum is fan of ‘Monty Python’s FlyingCircus’, this
is a famous TV show in Netherlands
Named after Monty Python
Open sourced from the beginning
1.“Python for Everybody: Exploring Data Using Python 3” Charles R. Severance
2.“Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist” Allen B. Downey