● Opportunity to work with smartest brain in Drupal
● Free learning from other
● Visibility to Drupal world
● Your company get extra sales
● It’s Fun (Try it) !
Why contribute back to community?
● I don’t know how to contribute
● We don’t have time and resources
● We don’t know how to make it financially
● I didn’t get opportunity to contribute
● We are planning to contribute
Reasons : Why I/we didn’t?
“An objective without strategy,
or a strategy without execution
remains a dream”
Where to start?
● Join IRC
● Join Groups/Forums
● Organises/participates in
Tools/Platforms to get involved:-
Organise Local Drupal Events
How to start?
Let’s take an example of how
to contribute in d8
Contribution to d8
● d8 core issues
● QA/Testing issues (Needs review to RTBC)
● Help in finding Security issues
● Port modules from d7 to d8 (Coder Module upgrade helps in
porting to d8 apis)
● d8 Usermanual (https://groups.drupal.org/node/470648)
● UI/UX Experience
● Migration API port