Presentation Overview• My Background – Not all creative• How Kory-Chris Productions has evolved• The Big 5: General Pieces of advice for today’s professional environment• Time for Questions
Background• I have a background in new product brand marketing, production (managing creative) and graphic design (creative being managed)
How Kory-Chris has Evolved• Knowledge/Education• Software• Process• Percentage of Time working vs. Finding Work
Disclaimer:• I stand here today as someone who is still trying to figure it out…• …BUT with some advice to share about being young in this business and the realities of today’s job market
1. Never Stop Learning• Didn’t want the demand for the KC Glaser brand to go down – Kory-Chris Productions – Set aside time to learn• Professional Continuing Education – Less expensive – Keeps you relevant
2. Understand and Respect all parties involved• As I mentioned before, I have worked both sides. I know the demands and pressures of each• Take time at the beginning of a project and learn more about the other person’s role – Goals – Motivation – Deadlines
3. Never say no• Even if you don’t know how to do something, say you can. Figure it out.
4. Find Your Niche• Always untapped potential somewhere• Church example• Can anyone name an industry that doesn’t need good design in some way, shape or form?
5. Be Social!• Not talking small talk• Social Media is crucial in today’s marketing, communications and design landscape• It is not a trend• Stats/Figures
So…• To sum up the BIG 5:• The future is what you make of it.• Cliché, but true