Zoozoo As A Brand Ambassador
Voice data fone,
chosen by the
• Vodafone in INDIA came with acquiring
Hutchison Essar limited..
• Vodafone was launched officially on 21st
• Hutch was rebranded as Vodafone.
• Launched on April 20,2009
• Advertisement characters
promoted by Vodafone during
the IPL Season 2.
• The ads were created by
Ogilvy & Mather, South Asia.
• Campaign to communicate the
VAS offered by the company.
• Zoozoo had low cost costumes, real people
• 30 advertisement cost only Rs 3 Crores
• Zoozoo name nowhere in commercial
• Massive viral Marketing
Zoozoo! Why so much Hype….??
• Big hit on the internet, just within 15 days
of the release of first advertisement.
• Curiosity about the characters.
• Zoozoo goodies, t -shirts, mugs,key chains,
toys are on the way.So basically zoozoo
has opened up a huge market.
What made Zoozoo ‘Click’?
When they first aired on
television, they seemed to be
like aliens but they are much
like the humans.
They have certain madness
about them. They behave in a
funny yet human way.
STRENGTH WEAKNESS OPPORTUNITY THREAT
media as well
effect on the
the form of a
Cost benefit and
Good TRP’s for IPL
• Concept is important.
• Ads more relate to common
• Expensive Brand
Ambassadors could be
• Most importantly
“KEEP IT SIMPLE”
• About 30 different TVCs for VAS
including-Cricket alerts, beauty alerts,
phone backup, chota credit, vodafone
• 20-30 seconds ads with the message
about the VAS & ending with
“Make the most of now”
• Zoozoo- A cartoon character which
represented common man.
• Segmented basis on types of services used.
• Urban and Rural region customers were
• Targeted customers who would use VAS
• Different kinds of VAS services were offered
for different kinds of customers.
• Urban customers were more in focus
• Current positioning of vodafone is “power to
• Vodafone is providing the user with different
offerings like special alerts, magic box, call filter
• Zoozoos dominating social
• Created Strong Association.
• Wallpapers, ringtones,videos
pictures of Zoozoos.
• Videos had 3 million hits in 3
• Most watched Video.
• Vodafone becomes INDIA’s 3rd
Biggest tele-com company after
Airtel and Reliance.
• Low cost ads made a very good impact.
• Advertises more relate to common man,leads to
• Zoozoo Concept highlights the presence of
Vodafone in India very dominantly.