Age and Life Cycle
INTRODUCING OUR SIX SUNSILK EXPERTS
• Creates fabulous looks for
magazines and catwalks
the world over.
• He is renowned for
creating looks for hair
shows, fashion shows and
• Created the famous
Straightening System, for
• She is an acclaimed scalp
and skin care expert, who
practicing medical and
cosmetic dermatology in
New York City since 1989
• Creates sensuous and
glamorous hairstyles for
couture houses alike.
• She is one of the best
colourists in the world;
while Quidad is the first
stylist in the United
States to specialise in
Firstly Actress and Model Iman Ali
Now Actress and Model Humaima Malick
Now Actress and Model AYAN ALI is the brand ambassador for Sunsilk
clean and fresh in Pakistan
Brand Name Emotional
Dream soft & Smooth
Stunning Dark Shine
Lusciously Dense &
Hair Fall Solution
Co creation formula
Dr. Francesca Fusco,
Jamal Hammadi for
Rita Hazan for Brilliant
Stuffed bear Charles for
Plumped Up Quantity
Thomas Taw for
Yuko Yamashita for
Clear and fresh Sunsilk
Biggest companies in Pakistan.
Innovative technology and well experienced
Top great quality item in terms of hair protection.
The potential audience is knowledgeable and
Clear interaction program.
Participative management style
Very good distribution program all over Pakistan
Competitors have strong marketing activities.
Imported manufacturers available in marketplace.
Customer have alternative
Population growing at a fast amount.
Consumers are becoming more great quality conscious.
Current potential usage is enhanced with increase in
Customer base is enhanced with operative and effective
Baby locks shampoo is another place
Shampoo plus refresher
Rural places are a large potential industry
Political and economic factors.
Partial Govt. rules.
High amount of opponents.
Local and foreign opponents.
Smuggling via Afghan business transportation
Supplies from Philippines and Thailand
Brand Elements Marketing experts choose brand factors to construct as often brand collateral as it can be.
• Every clients thoughts Sunsilk as shampoo brand . Their
marketing programs set business in clients thoughts.
• Consumer believes about Sunsilk as an item which fix their
problem pertaining with locks.
• We discovered that most of the individuals like business
vocally and creatively.
Protectable: • The brand is lawfully and reasonably protectable.
• Different pack size and new treatments are quickly
approved by the clients.
Sunsilk vs. Head & Shoulder exist in pure competition.
Sunsilk shampoo aims to fulfilling the needs of its target market by
• offering a high quality,
• assessment of concept in term of acceptability,
• and perceived benefits
that it offers a healthy choice shampoo alternative to target consumer.
Classes of Competitors
In Rural Areas In Urban Areas
Major competitor of Sunsilk in Rural areas is Bio Amla.
Herbal composition and low price
In terms of quality, they are far behind Sunsilk
In urban areas, Sunsilk is acting as a market challenger against P&G.
Intense promotional activities
P&G shampoos have higher prices
Sr No. Particulars Sunsilk Head & Shoulder
1 Brand Ranking 384 282
2 Brand Portfolio Shampoo , Conditioners, mask
3 Brand Image Women Style, Quality, Smooth,
Soft, Black, Shiny, Clean,
Fresh, Long Hair, Thick Hair,
Self-Respect, Cool & Nice
Both Gender, Anti-
4 Years in Market 60 53
5 Logo Stylish Women Dandruff Free Hair
6 Scientific Health Protection 5 6
7 Environment Protection 6.5 6.2
8 Society Protection 6.2 5.8
Sunsilk as a market competitor, is steadily gaining market share. At present market it
capture 34% of total market share.
Overall brand-wise position is:
To buy a shampoo rationale consumers firstly think about Sunsilk due to
promotional strategies of Sunsilk. So that Sunsilk rapidly increase their mind
Due to reach product and marketing attributes and features consumer choosing
Sunsilk as their first choice.
• Produced by Brown Incorporation United Kingdom
• brand look modern and expert
• Emphasis on the variants
• Separate item for every hair sort
• Prices are different according customer budget
• Shampoo in different sizes of bottles and sachets
• Value-based pricing
• Fulfills the perception of consumers
• Prices are less than P&G
Sunsilk Shampoo 5ml Sachet Pack Rs. 05
Sunsilk Shampoo Per 100ml Bottle Rs. 99
Sunsilk Shampoo Per 200ml Bottle Rs. 180
Sunsilk Shampoo Per 400ml Bottle Rs. 330
• Building peak level of consciousness of consumers
• Personality creation of our brand
• Objectives are situate avoiding to the advertising strategy for each product
Enhancement of use
Provision of a sensation of
freshness due to scent
soft, smooth and silky hair
Exclusive shampoo for all
Making the hair
appearance shiny and clean
Efficiently and effectively
correspond promises of the
• Usage of
• Printing Media
• Videos with
• Distribution of
• Campaign of
• Product Mix
The advertising of any product should go behind the SMILE loom which is:
Interesting with related information
Linked to the band
Emotionally concerned and liked
Advertising Strategy and Evaluation
• Advertisements depends on level of competition
• Promote functional benefits of shampoo
• Elida Hair Institution come up with advancement
• Sunsilk research by worldwide approved organizations
• Nabila an identified and highly certified beautician is used by Sunsilk in its
• Sunsilk has come up with a new advertising strategy “GOOD HAIR DAYS”
ATTRACTIVE AVERAGE CHEAP
• “To reach as many cities, town and villages as they can”
• Different distributers for different places
• Extremely pleased with their own distribution systems
• Retailors were very pleased with Lever’s distribution system which permitted well-
• Struggled to hard to adopt those channel which guarantees perfect result
• Knows about the significant features of the product
• Place the item along with its significant opponents like P&G
• Displays the sachets distinctly
• They give off and on offers as trade promotion incentive to their distributers.
Sunsilk Head &
Shining in one product 64 23 40
Smooth and Silky 71 20 34
Anti-dandruff shampoo and provide an
conditioner in a package.
30 77 0
Hair Fall 81 19 67
Damage Repair 66 40 55
Shampoo Combining conditioner 58 47 55
Lower Class 41 22 34
Immediate Effects 79 17 45
Lower Price 56 15 37
Positioning competitive map of Sunsilk Brand
(with the help of Questioner)
Shining in one
Hair Fall Damage
Lower Class Immediate
SUNSILK MENTAL MAP
These three form the mental map of Sunsilk which associates with them the different aspects
Customerbased brand equity
1 SALIENCE 81% aware 19% not aware
2 PERFORMANCE 73% satisfied 27% not satisfied
3 IMAGERY 67% in favor purchase,
33% not in favor to
purchase, usage etc.
4 JUDGMENT 71% favorin quality etc. 29% Not satisfied
5 FEELINGS 93% feel confidence secure
7% not feel secure
6 RESONANCE 62% loyal 38% switchers
Statistical analysis data combined Method
Give 1 to all positive answers and give 0 to all negative answers
• Sunsilk should drive according to local preferences and needs.
• Sunsilk can arise and ensure social responsibility in the society.
• Maintain image among customers, mainly advertisement covers huge
expenses of Sunsilk,
• Cut their advertisement expenditures,
• To ensure social responsibility and highlighting benefits
• Extensive marketing methods unilever should make people aware of the fact
that it is a Unilever Product
• Lever should create gang of girls type activity in Pakistan
• Improve promotional strategy as P&G have