• OB Vs Motivation• Introduction to ABC• Current Motivation Activities• Motivational Issues• Theory into Practice• Recommendations 2
Motivation is one of most significant aspect in Organizational Behaviour. It canbe defined as;“Process that initiates, guides and maintains goal-oriented behaviors.” 3
• ABC which is located in Colombo is one of main subsidiary under the Capital XXX Group of Companies.• It offers complete Electrical Product Solutions for Building, Offices & Residential Applications & Its’ Product Portfolio includes; Wiring Devices, Protection System & Lighting.• ABC consists of five departments called IMD, Riveting, Assembly, Laboratory, Packaging & Stores.• ABC is now survival in good position in the Electrical Product Market by facing a heavy rivalry from its’ main competitor SXZ. 4
• Salary• Overtime• Bonus• Other Financial Benefits – Festival allowance – Loans – Medical Benefits – Insurance – Wedding Allowances – Health Care & Safety Facilities• Training• Promotion 5
• Salary Increment is not sufficient.• Employees are trying to take their all leaves.• Higher turn over among female workers.• Not provide transport facilities.• Issues related to current working environment, canteen & lavatory facilities.• Lack of entertainment activities, appraisal methods & proper subsequent training programs.• Take long time to solve the employee related problems & get promotions.• No effective methods to evaluate employee performance. 6
01. Physiological Needs 02. Safety Needs• Increased employees’ basic salary. • Introduce new machines to reduce• Provide travel facilities. unnecessary movement.• Give attendance allowance. • Provide safety equipments &• Arrange working environment clothes. very attractively. • Motivate employees through• Establish canteen with meals proper job designing - Job rotation items at a low cost. and job enrichment.• Increased the quality of sanitary • Establish a separate HR Division. facilities. • Positive reinforcement . • Effective discipline and punishment.
03. Social Needs 05. Self - Actualization• Proactive and regular • Make provisions to conduct communication. periodic Training courses.• The chance to socialize with • Motivation trough quality-of- colleagues at organized events. work-life innovations. • Motivation employees to 04. Esteem Needs involving in participative decision making.• Promote the third party intervention for performance evaluation.• An’ open door’ culture in which managers are approachable.• Base rewards on job performance• Setting work related goals 9
Presented By: Group 14Department of Decision Sciences