• Eating disorder is a phisycal and
psycological problem related with food.
There are a lot of types of this disorders
but actually has nothing to do with
food, it is mostly mental fault induced of
your own obsession.
TYPES OF ILLNESS
• Binge eating disorder: is a disorder which, the person
who have it, eat a lot of food, more than they need.
Then, energy decreases and they need eat more. When
this people have finished eating, they feel better but
sorry for them action. Still, they do it all.
Bulimia: is a disorder which people eat so much that
then they feel sorry, and they cause vomiting, they are
worried with her physical image, they fall into
depression, anxiety and they feel culpability.
• Anorexia: is a disorder which the person loses a lot of
weight because diets and purging behaviors. This
people have an alteration for the body’s image.
TYPE OF ILLNESS
• Vigorexia: is a disorder characterized by obsessive
preoccupation about physical image. People who suffer
from this illness usually do too much sport or eat
determinate food to gain weight because they see
themselves being still too small.
• Megarexia: is the opposite ilness to anorexia.
Megarexic people are ussually obese people who look
themselves at the mirror and don’t realise they are
• Orthorexia: disorder in which a person eats food that
they consider healthy, but it is not.
• Pica: ingestion of inedible food.
• Diabulimia: people who suffren form this sicknnes are
also diabetic. It consists in manipulate insulin doses to
balance out the binge or to reduce weight.
• Hyperphagia: after have eaten healthy food, the
person who suffer from it , eats larga amounts of
• Early puberty: In women, early puberty is a
problem that leads to these disorders. When they
are children eat like other children, but when
they are in puberty much eat what to eat.
• Problems with obesity: Man primarily, as children
are obese and suffer ridicule, then they can have
disorders because they feel insecure.
• Character: Not be accepted as a person, have
difficulty relating socially, be insecure and
shy, have low self-esteem, have a depressive
personality, be sensitive…
• Previous people who have suffered eating disorders in
the family:In most of the cases the antecedents of
obesity are factors really important. Children who
suffer eating disorders have at least one relative who
has the illness.
• Sexual abuse: women with eating diosrders have more
posibilities to suffer sexual abuse, about 35% of
them, mainly bulimic women.
• Prejudices and distorted values: children are really
influenced by their parents or the adult people in their
surroundings so it can influnce also in the posibilities
of suffering this kind of illness. This eating disorders
can increase if parents talk about them.
• Beauty mith: It is considered as the perfect slender
body, and there is a belief that fat is bad. The
thinness, which is associated in some way with
beauty, elegance, prestige, youth, social
acceptance, etc., crushed as the key to success from all
• General discrimination: The rejection of the obese is
so absorbed in our society that a six-year-old already
has fully internalized, causing these disorders.
• Fashion discrimination: Very often, the fashion houses
do not make sizes for overweight people and this is
very hard blow for this people
-Teaching children to have
especially with regard to food
-Avoid pressuring children.
-In case of obesity, see a
nutritionist: never take a diet
without medical supervision.
- Family eatings, and if
possible do it at set times and