Misunderstanding & Underestimation The Complexity Of
Front End Development
• You are good at photoshop
• Visual designer ? UI Designer ?
• CSS/HTML looks like easy
• jQuery guy
• Wording change is easy, right?
• Move something from OOO to XXXX, it is right?
• This is urgent
• This is very urgent
Ask your self
• Are you interested in design?
• Do you care about details ?
• Do you know how to play magic ?
• Are you eager to learn new things ?
• Can you accept non-logical problems ?
• Always hands on
• Don’t limit yourself
UI engineering is cool (sometimes) but not always,
• You have to deal with many cross browsers issues.
• You will face to non-logical problems like CSS.
• You might repeat doing similar things.
• You have to do lots of communication with
designers and developers.
• You have to handle presentation and behaviours.
• Schedule is always tight (so weird).
• You have to swallow others code.
• The devil is in the details.
Human Resource Marketing
• Internet Advertisement is growing
• Cloud services are on the rocket
• Trend Micro, Yahoo, KKBOX, hTC
• Existing services need mobile web solution
• Trend Micro, Yahoo, KKBOX
• Big data needs to do visualization
• Trend Micro is still hiring
• HTML5 Spec confirm
• Almost can run everywhere
• Lots of companies support
• Development environment become better
• Learning curve is lower (Compare with C++ /ObjC)
• Huge online resource
The Front End Need To Know...
• Understand more
• Grid system, responsive techniques
• Server side techniques
• Visual and design sense
Today, We Have Good Tools To Make Better