********************* latest 2013(who whose ) Generalknowledge:Who is announced as next party chief of Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (DMK)patriarch by M Karunanidhi?- M K Stalin (Karunanidhis third son)Who became the first Hindu to take oath of office on the sacred Bhagavad Gitainstead of Bible after winning the Congressional election and sworn in as memberof United states House of Representatives by Speaker John Boehner?Tulsi Gabbard, Image via Wikipedia- Tulsi GabbardName the engineer who has given a solar avatar to the Kangri ( Kangri is anearthern pot filled with charcoal or firewood for heat)?- Idrees Beigh, an electrical engineer. ( This solar Kangri requires moderateintensity sunlight which it traps and transfers to the battery inlet of thekangri. The battery than gets charged and by virtue of the attached inverterreleases heat)Which country has claimed to be the first in world to launch construction of new$476 million nuclear power plant with 200 MW fourth generation reactor forcommercial usage?- ChinaWho has been elected for the post of Speaker of the 12th Himachal StateAssembly?- Brij Bihari Lal ButailWhich country is the second largest consumer and fastest growing retaildestination of flowers in tjhe world?- IndiaRecently which state has banned the manufacture and sale of gutkha and panmasala containing tobacco?- Andhra Pradesh ( became 14th state of country to ban tobacco)Where is first nuclear reactor with Russian collaboration going to start soon?- KudankulamWhich is first US state to enact gun control laws?-New YorkWhich countries Prime minister is likely to be arrested for allegedly receivingkickbacks from a power plant company in exchange for awarding contracts?- Pakistan, Prime Minister Raja Parvez AshrafWho painted the masterpiece "Hamsa Damayanti"?- Raja Ravi Varma
In India, who issues one rupee coins and notes as well as subsidiary coins?- The Reserve Bank of IndiaHow is population density in India defined?- The number of persons per square kilometre.When was Sangeet Natak Akademi set up by Government of India?- 1953Which musical instrument is said to be invented by Amir Khusro?- SitarWhere is Boat Race a popular sport?- KeralaThe Rath Yatra at Puri is celebrated in honour of which Hindu deity?- JagannathIn which state is Ganesh Otsav celebrated?- MaharashtraFrom where are the words "Satyameva Jayate" (inscribed below the base plate ofthe emblem of India) taken?- Mundak UpanishadWhat are the bank deposits that can be withdrawn without notice called?- Demand depositsWhat is the practice of selling goods in a foreign country at a price belowtheir domestic selling price is called?- DumpingWho propounded the Market Law?- J.B.SayTriple vaccine is administered to a new born child to save him from whichdiseases?- Whooping cough, tetanus and diphtheria.Which country has an Unwritten Constitution?- UKThe World famous Peacock Throne was kept in which Mughal building?- New Agra FortWhere is the birth place of Guru Nanak Ji?- TalwandiMotilal Nehru and Chittaranjan Das were the founder members of which party?- Swarajya PartyFrom which mines was the famous Kohinoor diamond produced?- Golconda
Who was the first speaker of Independent Indias Lok Sabha?- G.V. MavalankarWho presented the first Union Budget of Independent India?- R.K. Shanmukham Chetty (1947) General awareness IndiaWho painted the masterpiece "Hamsa Damayanti"?- Raja Ravi VarmaIn India, who issues one rupee coins and notes as well as subsidiary coins?- The Reserve Bank of IndiaHow is population density in India defined?- The number of persons per square kilometre.When was Sangeet Natak Akademi set up by Government of India?- 1953Which musical instrument is said to be invented by Amir Khusro?- SitarWhere is Boat Race a popular sport?- KeralaThe Rath Yatra at Puri is celebrated in honour of which Hindu deity?- JagannathIn which state is Ganesh Otsav celebrated?- MaharashtraFrom where are the words "Satyameva Jayate" (inscribed below the base plate ofthe emblem of India) taken?- Mundak UpanishadWhat are the bank deposits that can be withdrawn without notice called?- Demand depositsWhat is the practice of selling goods in a foreign country at a price belowtheir domestic selling price is called?- DumpingWho propounded the Market Law?- J.B.SayTriple vaccine is administered to a new born child to save him from whichdiseases?- Whooping cough, tetanus and diphtheria.Which country has an Unwritten Constitution?- UKThe World famous Peacock Throne was kept in which Mughal building?
- New Agra FortWhere is the birth place of Guru Nanak Ji?- TalwandiMotilal Nehru and Chittaranjan Das were the founder members of which party?- Swarajya PartyFrom which mines was the famous Kohinoor diamond produced?- GolcondaWho was the first speaker of Independent Indias Lok Sabha?- G.V. MavalankarWho presented the first Union Budget of Independent India?- R.K. Shanmukham Chetty (1947) *********************Whos Who India, August 2012 Who President of India?-Mr. Pranab Kumar Mukherjee is the 13th and current President of India.Who is vice President of India?Mohammed Hamid Ansari (Image via Wikipedia)- Mohammed Hamid Ansari (this is his second term as Vice President of India)Who is agriculture cabinet minister of India?- Sh. Sharad Pawar (Shri Sharad Chandra Govindrao Pawar )Who is Finance minister of India?-P. Chidambaram (Shri Palaniappan Chidambaram )Who is Home minister (Minister of Home Affairs) of India?-Sh. Sushil Kumar Shinde (Sh. Sushil Kumar Sambhajirao Shinde )Who is defence cabinet minister?- Sh. AK AntonyWho is science and technology cabinet minister?- Sh. Vilasrao Deshmukh (Shri Vilasrao Dagadojirao Deshmukh )Who is health and family welfare cabinet minister?- Sh. Gulam Nabi Azad Who is information and broadcasting cabinet minister? - Ms. Ambika SoniWho is labour and employment cabinet minister?
- Sh. Mallikarjun KhargeWho is petroleum and natural gas cabinet minister?- Sh. S.Jaipal ReddyWho is new and renewable energy cabinet minister?- Dr. Farooq AbdullahWho is overseas Indian affair cabinet minister?- Sh. Vayalar RaviWho is human resources development; communication and information technologycabinet minister?- Sh. Kapil SibalWho is road transport and highways cabinet minister?- Sh. C.P JoshiWho is tourism cabinet minister?- Sh. Subodh Kant SahayWho is railway cabinet minister?- Sh. Mukul RoyWho is law and justice cabinet minister?- Sh. Salman KhursheedWho is rural development; drinking water and sanitation cabinet minister?- Sh. Jairam Ramesh *** latest portfolios of ministers please refer to IndianGovt Who is chief of the naval staff?- Admiral Nirmal Verma (going to retire on 31st August, 2012 and then ViceAdmiral Devendra Kumar Joshi will take over as new Naval Chief) Who is chief of Indian Army?-General Bikram SinghWho is senior most election commissioner?- Sh. V.S.SampathWho is chief justice of India?- Sh. S.H. KapadiaWho is Attorney General of India?- Sh. Goolam E. VahanvatiWho is Solicitor General of India?
- Sh. Rohinton Nariman ****************Latest General knowledge - August2012Which district of Punjab has been presented the 5th JRD Tata Memorial Award byNobel Laureate Amartya Sen for being ranked first on the composite developmentindex for 548 districts evaluated country wide?- Ferozepur (was chosen for the award showing improvement in child and maternalhealth)Which state has become the second highest power purchaser in the country afterPunjab?- Haryana ( making daily short term power purchases of about 330 lakh units)When is India going to get its first C-17 military aircraft from US?- In May 2013Who was named North Indias sculptor of the year 1983?- Harjeet Singh Sandhu ( mosaic artist who has earned laurels in New York forhis mosaic portrait of Bloomberg, a three time Mayor of New York which will bedisplayed at the City Hall)Name the NASAs most modern spacecraft successfully landed on Mars on 6thAugust,2012 to begin a pioneering two year search to find out if the red planetis suitable for life and whether it can be inhabitable in the future?- CuriosityName the Indian scientist who was a part of NASA team which has identified thelanding site of the Curiosity?- Amitabh GhoshAgni-II image via WikipediaName the ballistic missile that lifted off from Wheeler Island in Odisha on 9thAugust, 2012?- Agni-II, capable of carrying nuclear warheads and can cover 2,000 km.Who is sworn as the 14th Vice President of India?- Hamid AnsariWho has become the first Chancellor of Central University of Kashmir (CUK)?- Dr. Srikumar Banerjee ( known scientist and Padma Shri Award recipient) ************GK related to Olympics 2012 August
Name the player of USA who created history by grabbing his 22nd Olympic medal ?- Michael Phelps ( retires, won 18 gold medals in total)Who got the greatest Olympic athlete of all time Trophy?- Michael PhelpsHow many medals are won by India in Olympics 2012?- 6 medals, 4 bronze and 2 silverWho is the first Indian male shuttler to reach Olympic quarters?Parupalli KashyapName the first Indian women shuttler to enter semifinal at the Olympics?- Saina Nehwal ( won bronze medal for India)Name the shooter of Himachal Pradesh (Hamirpur) who won silver medal in Olympics2012?Vijay Kumar, image via Wikipedia- Vijay Kumar ( in mens 25m rapid fire pistol)Name the Indian woman boxer who won bronze medal in Olympics?- Mary KomWho won bronze medal for India in mens 60 Kg freestyle wrestling?- Yogeshwar Dutt from Sonepat, HaryanaWho won the silver medal in 66 Kg wrestling and is the first Indian to win twoindividual Olympic medals?- Sushil KumarWho won bronze medal for India in 10m pistol event?Gagan Narang, image via Wikipedia- Gagan NarangWhich country topped medal table in Olympic 2012?- USA (104 medals; 46 gold, 29 silver, 29 bronze)Players of which state got the maximum Olympic medals in London Olympics-Haryana ******************* General awareness India, August 2012Which scheme is launched by the government of India to help women only?
- SwayamsidhaWhere is Indias first Defence University set up?- HaryanaName the country against which the Test cricket match played made Rahul Dravidto complete his 34th century?- EnglandWith which auto company Tata Motors has signed a long term partnershipagreement?- Ford Motor CompanyWhile playing with which country Rahul Dravid completed his 12,000 runs in theTest cricket?- South AfricaBobby Jindal, image via WikipediaName the person of Indian origin who has been nominated as the Governor ofLouisiana, an American state?- Bobby JindalWhat is the objective of the project Bhoomi Keralam launched by the stategovernment?- To conduct a survey of the land.Which state introduced a high tech foodgrain rationing system to ensure timelysupply of the foodgrains to people living below poverty line?- KarnatakaWhich state government announced to provide special package of incentives toEmployment Intensive Industries?- BiharWhere did the third India, Brazil and South Africa (IBSA) Summit took place?- New DelhiWhich state decided to set up Arsenic Removal Plants in all districts of thestate to enable to provide arsenic free drinking water to all people by 2010-2011?- West BengalWith which country India has signed Nuclear Agreement named as CooperationAgreement for Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy besides USA? - FranceWhich organisation has provided a US $150 million loan to overhaul the Khadi andVillage Industry in India?- Asian Development Bank *************Latest GK, India- September, 2012
Name the Punjabi women recipient of the Shaurya Chakra( a top civilian gallantryaward) and was once known as the " lioness of the border areas"?- Amrik KaurWho was the captain of Indias junior World Cup winning team?- Unmukt ChandWhich country won trophy after defeating Cameroon in the Nehru Cup final matchin New Delhi on 2nd Sept.,2012?- Indian team ( won for the third time in a row)Where is Asias first Legoland theme park also having miniature model of TajMahal made of Lego bricks?- Legoland MalaysiaWho will be the first Hindu-American to be elected to the US House ofRepresentatives?- Tulsi GabbardAccording to former captain Rahul Dravid who is Indias best batsman on currentform?- Virat KohliWhich politician has recently cleared the written exam and the Service SelectionBoard interview at Allahabad to join Territorial Army as Lieutenant?- Sachin PilotWhich is the first match played by Yuvraj Singh after winning his battle againstcancer?- T20 match against New ZealandWhen Air Indias first Dreamliner Boeing 787 arrived New Delhi?- On Sept.8th, 2012Name two foreign satellites put into orbit making the space agencys (ISRO)100th mission a grand success?- The PSLV C-21 blasts off from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.the two satellites put into orbit are SPOT 6, a 720 Kg French earth observationsatellite and Proiteres, a 15 Kg Japanese micro satellite.Dr. Verghese Kurien, image via WikipediaWho was the father of " White revolution" who transformed India from milkdeficient country to the worlds largest milk producer?- Dr. Verghese Kurien ( died on 9th Sept,2012 at age of 90). He made Amul branda household name. *************Latest GK, India- Sepetember II
Which company was found guilty of copying critical features of the hugelypopular iPhone and iPad of Apple Inc.?- SamsungWho won the final of the Under-19 World Cup tournament in Townsville afterdefeating Australia?- IndiaName the UK ex-ministers daughter who turned into devout Sikh?-Alexandra Aitken ( daughter of British minister Jonathan Aitken)Who bagged the title of " Voice of Punjab-111"?- Anantpal Singh ( son of a rickshawpuller)Whose names have been recommended by BCCI for the prestigious Padma Bhusan andPadma Shri awards?- Former Indian captain Rahul Dravid and opener Gautam Gambhir respectively.Where is 16th Non-Alignment Movement (NAM) summit organised?- Tehran ( Started on 29th August, 2012)What was the Supreme Courts order on Kasabs death penalty?- Supreme Court puts its stamp on Kasabs death penalty.In Tehran, India agrees to step up economic and trade ties with which country?- IranWhich power project will be soon turned into a heritage site?- Mohura Power House , its second oldest power project in Uri area of northKashmirs Baramulla district. It was constructed in 1902 by Dogra ruler MaharajaPratap Singh.You might also like: *********Latest GK Questions- September, 2012Who is soon going to announce a comprehensive sports strategy and rope inforeign coaches to train players in Punjab?- Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab Sukhbir Singh BadalName the players who got Arjuna Award 2012?- Olympian Sardar Singh from Shahbad in Haryana and Chandigarh batsman YuvrajSingh.Who has been conferred for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award?Image via Wikipedia- London Olympics silver medalist shooter Vijay Kumar from Himachal Pradesh andbronze medallist Yogeshwar Dutt from Sonepat.
With which country India is going to ink a formal $11 billion contract for jointresearch and development project of the next generation of fighter aircraft?- Russia ( stealth warplane FGFA will be twin-engined but smaller than Sukhoi30-MKI.)Which Sikh memorial has worlds tallest Khanda?- Mukt-e-Minar at Muktsar.( It has four gates constructed in memory of 40Muktas)Who won Miss World 2012 title?- Chinas Wen Xia YuWhat were the two subtitles won by Indias contender Vanya Mishra who could onlymake to top seven?- Miss Social Media and Beauty with a PurposeWhich country will play with India in one day international which is going to beheld for first time in Dharamshala on 27th Jan, 2013?- EnglandWhen did India successfully tested its micro-light pilot-less target aircraft Lakshya-1 from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Odisha?- On 23rd August, 2012Who will inaugurate the first set of 12 shore-based radars which can spot evensmall boats upto 47 Kms out at sea and can instantly beam information to groundbased controllers?- Defence minister A K Antony General Awareness India, september 2012Which age group children in India are ensured free and compulsory education?- 6-14 yearsWhat are GM Crops?- Genetically Modified Crops.Where is head office of the State Bank of India located?- MumbaiWhat is the upper house of parliament known as?- The Rajya SabhaKathakali a folk dance is prevalent in which state?- KeralaWho composed the national song of India (Vande Maatram)?- Bankim Chandra Chatterji
On which era is the Indian National Calender based?- Saka eraWhich country was under the grip of a severe earthquake followed by tsunamirecently?- JapanWhat is the designation of the chairperson of Lok Sabha?-SpeakerWhile playing with which team Rahul Dravid completed his 10,000 runs in the Testcricket?- South AfricaWhich game is associated with Agha Khan Cup?- HockeyWhere is Union Budget presented firstly?- The Lok SabhaWhich is the Indias largest public sector commercial bank at present?- State Bank of IndiaWhat is the ratio of width of our National flag to its length?- 2:3 ************Latest GK Questions- October, 2012Name the nuclear-capable missile, the naval version of Prithvi ( short rangeballistic missile) which India test fired successfully from a warship off theOdisha coast on 5th Sept., 2012?- Dhanush (strike range of missile upto 350 Km and can carry 500Kg of nuclearwarhead)When the 14th edition of the worlds highest and one of the toughest motorrallies, Raid de Himalaya started?- On 5th Oct.,2012 ( this rally will be shorter only 1,800 Km compared to 2,300Km last year as the focus will be on safety)Name the first ever woman in Asia to fly Airbus?- Capt. Indraani SinghWhich bird made the Dadara village in Assam, one hour drive from Guwahatifamous?- The greater Adjutant Stork the rarest with a global population of less than1,000.
After how many years the West Indies cricketers celebrated their victory in theICC Twenty20 World Cup final?After 33 years ( against Sri Lanka in Colombo)Name the supersonic missile successfully test fired off Goa coast on 7thOct.,2012?Image via Wikipedia- BrahMos ( The supersonic cruise missile BrahMos is said to be the best in itsclass of 290 Km range and would be a primary weapon for the Navy in the comingyears)Which river supply is stopped by Karnataka government to Tamil Nadu?- Cauvery RiverWho is considered to be the Indias richest Lord?- Lord Venkateswara of Tirumala ( have annual revenues crossing Rs 1,700 crore)Name the scientists who shared a Nobel Prize on 8th Oct.,2012 for the discoverythat adult cells can be transformed back into embryo like stem cells that mayone day regrow tissue in damaged brains, hearts or other organs?- John Gurdon of Britain and Shinya Yamanaka of Japan.Who won the Nobel Prize 2012 for finding ways to measure quantum particleswithout destroying them, which could make it possible to build a new kind ofcomputer more powerful than any seen before?- Serge Haroche of France and David Wineland from America.Who won the Nobel Prize 2012 for chemistry for research into how cells respondto external stimuli that is helping to develop better drugs to fight diseasessuch as diabetes, cancer and depression?- Robert Lefkowitz and Brian Kobilka from US.What was the agreement made after the 3rd annual meeting of the India-USeconomic and financial partnership held between Finance Minister P Chidambaramand US Treasury Secretary Temothy Geithner?- To expand cooperation in the areas of capital markets infrastructurefinancing, financial regulation and to combat money laundering and terroristfinancing. General Awareness India, October 2012What is the objective of the project "Bhoomi Keralam" launched by the stategovernment?- To conduct a survey of the land.Which state introduced a high tech foodgrain rationing system to ensure timelysupply of the foodgrains to people living below poverty line?
- KarnatakaWhat are the objectives of the Mission Chandrayaan-1?- Preparing dimensional atlas of the lunar surface.- Chemical mapping of the entire lunar surface.- Locating minerals in the soil of moon.Which award was given to Pt. Bhimsen Joshi in 2008?- Bharat RatnaWhich state government had announced that it would provide a special package ofincentives to Employment Intensive Industries?- BiharWhich state has maximum density of canals?- Uttar PradeshWhich state of India has highest production of tea?- AssamThe Prime Minister is chairman of which commision?- Planning CommissionBy whom is the Vice-President of the Indian Union elected?- Members of both the Houses of Parliament.Where the third India, Brazil and South Africa (IBSA) summit took place?- New DelhiWhich state has decided to set up Arsenic Removal Plants in all the districts ofthe state to provide arsenic free drinking water to all people by 2010-2011?- West BengalWhere is Indias Space Rocket Launching Centre situated?- SriharikotaWith which country India has signed Nuclear Agreement besides USA named asCooperation Agreement for peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy?- France *********Latest whose who India, October, 2012Who won 2012 Nobel Prize for literature for works which combine hallucinatoryrealism with folk tales, history and contemporary life grounded in his nativeland?Mo Yan, Image via Wikipedia- Chinese writer Mo YanWho is Indian born to become first woman Team Principal in Formula One?- Monisha Kaltenborn ( took job in the fourth oldest F1 team in the Paddock)Name the folk singer felicitated with the prestigious order of the BritishEmpire for his services to bhangra music, charity and community work at theWindsor Castle?- Channi SinghWho won the Economics Nobel for research on how to match different economicagents such as students for schools or even organ donors with patients?
- Alvin Roth and Lloyd ShapleyWho launched the much awaited Aadhaar enabled system for direct cash transfersto beneficiaries of government schemes such as the National Rural EmploymentGuarantee Act and pensions on 20th Oct.,2012 in Dudu, Rajasthan?- Prime Minister Manmohan SinghAt which place starbucks opened its first cafe in India?- In Mumbai (Starbucks is the worlds biggest coffee chain)As Chandigarh and the adjoining area comes under zone five, which college hasbeen selected under the World Band- funded project on earthquakes?- Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College (BBSBEC) ( 50-75 Km away fromChandigarh)Who were the young innovators to win the second National Level Exhibition andProject Competitions ( NLEPC) under the INSPIRE ( Innovation in Science Pursuitfor Inspired Research) Award Scheme?- Alok Kumar Sharma class 10th student from Bihar won gold medal- Viraj Dinesh Gapchop of Maharashtra won silver model- Sahil Divedi from Punjab and Arun TA from Kerela won bronze medalAccording to Forbes list 2012 magazines latest ranking who is the top richestIndian?- Mukesh AmbaniWho has asked Britain and the European Union to stop providing millions ofpounds in aid to wealthy countries like India and China?- Former secretary general of the United Nations Kofi Annan.Recently where was another World War 11 bomb found?- From Mumbai sea ( The oblong shaped device measuring three feet in length wasfound 6.48 nautical miles from the city) *************Latest General Knowledge -Nov., 2012Who is new Culture Minister?- Chandresh Kumari ( will try to get world heritage status for rejectedRajasthan forts)Name an Indian who has been elected to the Council of Governors of Vantaa ( aprovince in Finland adjoining the national capital Helsinki) for a second timein row?- Ranbir Sodhi ( from Dhuri in Punjab and he moved to Finland in 1987, becamefirst immigrant from South Asia.)Which country will soon start exporting uranium and nuclear reactors to India?
- Canadian companies ( The announcement took place after nearly four decades oftense relations between two countries after Canada banned export of uranium toIndia in the wake of nuclear tests conducted by it in 1974)Which player has been conferred the membership of the Order of Australia, anhonour "rarely" awarded to non Australian?- Sachin TendulkarName the Dargah where recently entry of women into the enclosure has beenbanned?- Mumbais iconic Haji Ali Dargah erected on a bed of rocks into the sea wherebody of the 15th century Pir is believed to be buriedWho won the US presidential elections?Barack Obama, Image via Wikipedia- Barack ObamaWhere has been the National Institute of Food Technology and Management( NIFTEM) opened recently?- In Kundli on the Delhi- Haryana borderName the Indias first indigenously created low-cost tablet which will soon behighlighted at the United Nations headquarters?- AakashWhere did Swiss based FMCG multinational Nestle opened its first research anddevelopment centre in India?- Manesar in HaryanaWho has been awarded an FRCPE degree at Edinburgh, UK?- Dr. Arvind Sahni, Director Gastroenterology at Fortis Hospital, Mohali.Spokesperson for which President called Indian envoy a traitor?- Mohamed Waheed, Maldivian President ( Abbas Adil Riza called DnyaneshwarMulay( Indian High Commissioner ) a traitor and an enemy of Maldives.)Which space agency is testing a new rotor landing system in an attempt to enableits future space capsules to land like helicopters?- US space agency NASA.Who is the third Indian-American to make it to US Congress?- Ami Bera, a physicianName the cartoonist who redrew Maharashtras politics?- Bal Keshav Thackeray ( Shiv Sena supremo died on 17th Nov.,2012)Which state of India is expected to bid for an historic 19th century statecarriage valued at Rs 1 crore that once belonged to the royal family of Mysoreand is now up for sale at a public auction in the UK?- Karnataka
Who is 2nd most experienced female astronaut?- Sunita Williams ( first was NASAs Peggy Whitson) ************************* DECEMBER GENERAL AWARENCE LATEsT 2012Which country has agreed to accept the payment of export of oil and petroleumproducts to India in rupee terms?- Iran Which Indian was conferred with the prestigious "National Medal of Arts andHumanities" by US President in Feb.2012?- Dr. Amartya SenWho won the Africa Cup Football Championship Final held in Feb.2012?- ZambiaWhich award is given by the Government of Madhya Pradesh for excellence in thefield of classical music?- Tansen AwardWhich city of India is also called as Electronic City?- Bangalore Which place in India is famous for its woolen carpets?- Bhadohi When has Japan decided to shut down all its nuclear reactors, according toreports released in Sept.2012?- 2040What is Indias rank among the worlds most competitive nations, according tolatest survey of the World Economic Forum released in Sept.2012?- 59th Where is Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary located?- Karnataka Name the river on whose bank the city of Nashik situated?- GodavariWhose record was broken by Michael Phelps, who won the highest number of goldmedals in Olympic Games held in 2008 and 2012?Mark Spitz, Image via Wikipedia- Mark Spitz
Where is Union Budget first presented?- The Lok SabhaName the Asian country where the first ever General Election took place?- Pakistan ******************* Latest General Knowledge India- Dec 2012Name the first district in the country where all villages have solar streetlights?- Sirsa (Haryana Renewable Energy Department has spent Rs12.65 crore to installsolar lights in all 334 villages of Sirsa.)Name India-born, leading expert on Asian art appointed by the Obamaadministration as member of the National Museum and Library Services Board, akey administrative post?- Vishakha Desai When IOA ( Indian Olympic Association ) elections are going to be held?- On 5th Dec., 2012.Name the geothermal project which is coming up at the Chumathang hot spring inNyoma block of Leh district?- Chumathang Geothermal Field 3MW. ( It will be the first project of its kind ingeothermal energy in the country)Brazilian President , Image via WikipediaWho was conferred the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Developmentby President Pranab Mukherjee on 22nd Nov., 2012?- Brazillian President Luiz Inacio Lula da SilvaName the states which China shows as its territory in its new e-passports?- Arunachal Pradesh and Aksai ChinWhich country has offered to set up joint ventures with Punjab in varioussectors including industry, agriculture and milk processing?- New ZealandName the avionics-upgraded Jaguar aircraft whose flight test successfully wascarried out by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)?- Darin III ******************* INDIA December2012Name the indigenously developed nuclear capable ballistic missile with a strikerange of 700Km which was test fired on 12th Dec.,2012 from Odisha coast?- Agni-IName the first armed helicopter co-developed by a French firm capable of
fighting in the higher reaches of the Himalayas along the borders with China andparts of Pakistan?- Rudra ( Army to get first armed helicopters by March, 2013)Name the first Indian to be honoured with prestigious Grammy LifetimeAchievement Award posthumously?- Sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar ( died on 12 Dec.,2012). The award would bepresented on 10th Feb.,2013 at the 55th Grammy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles.Which nation has become first to meet strict safety parameters on vaccines inone go by passing the WHOs toughest efficacy and safety tests?- IndiaWho has become Miss Universe 2012?- US cellist Olivia Culpo ( Indias Shilpa Singh made only to the top 16)Who is new Himachal Chief Minister?- Virbhadra Singh ( For 6th time)Which Indian cricketer has recently taken retirement from One day cricket?Sachin, Image via Wikipedia- Sachin TendulkarWith which country India signed two key defence deals worth Rs 25,000 crore forthe supply of 42 new Su-30MKI combat aircraft and 71 Mi-17V5 helicopters on 24thdec.,2012?- RussiaName the book on rare Sikh relics?- Sikh Heritage: Ethos and Relics published by RupaWho has become Gujarats CM for fourth time?- Narendra ModiWho won the Prestigious IPI-India Award for Excellence 2012 for outstandingjournalistic work?- The Tribune ***************Latest Whos Who : Union Government MinistersWho is the Prime Minister of India?- Dr. Manmohan SinghWho is the President of India?- Mr. Pranab Mukherjee
Who is the Vice President of India?- Mohammed Hamid AnsariWho is Agriculture and Food Processing Industries Minister?- Mr. Sharad PawarWho is the Defence Minister?- Mr. A K AntonyWho is the Finance Minister?- Mr. P Chidambaram Who is the Home Affairs Minister?- Mr. Sushil Kumar ShindeWho is External Affairs Minister?- Mr. Salman KhurshidWho is the Health and Family Welfare Minister?- Mr. Ghulam Nabi AzadWho is the Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister?- Mr. M.Veerappa MoilyWho is the New and Renewable Energy Minister?-Dr. Farooq AbdullahWho is Science and Technology as well as Earth Sciences Minister?- Mr. S. Jaipal ReddyWho is the Urban Development as well as Parliamentary Affairs Minister?- Mr. Kamal NathWho is the Civil Aviation Minister?- Mr. Ajit SinghWho is the Overseas Indian Affairs Minister?- Mr. Vayalar RaviWho is the Labour and Employment Minister?- Mr. Mallikarjun KhargeWho is the Communications and Information Technology Minister?- Mr. Kapil SibalWho is the Commerce and Industry as well as Textiles Minister?- Mr. Anand SharmaWho is the Road Transport and Highways Minister?- Mr. C.P.JoshiWho is the Social Justice and Empowerment Minister?- Kumari SeljaWho is Shipping Minister?- Mr. G.K.VasanWho is the Railways Minister?- Mr. Pawan K.BansalWho is the Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister?- Mr. M.K.Alagiri
Who is the Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Minister?- Mr. Praful PatelWho is the Coal Minister? Mr. Shriprakash JaiswalWho is the Minority Affairs Minister?- Mr. K.Rahman KhanWho is the Tribal Affairs and Panchayati Raj Minister?- Mr. V.Kishore Chandra DeoWho is the Steel Minister?- Mr. Beni Prasad VermaWho is the Rural Development Minister?- Mr. Jairam RameshWho is the Mines Minister?- Mr. Dinsha PatelWho is the Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation Minister?- Mr. Ajay MakenWho is the Human Resource Minister?- Mr. M.M.Pallam RajuWho is the Law and Justice Minister?- Mr. Ashwani KumarWho is the Water Resource Minister?- Mr. Harish RawatWho is the Culture Minister?- Ms. Chandresh Kumari Katoch *********GK, India - Dec. 2012- Golden Peacockaward, INSAT-3DName the bus designed to spread the message of inclusive education, bus willtravel across 35 cities in India for over 3 months flagged off from Patiala byRural Development Minister Surjit Singh Rakhra?- Torch of LearningName the Punjabi film which won the Golden Peacock at Goa film fest?- Anhe Ghode Da Daan (See a trailer below)Who has taken over as Shiv Sena head?- Uddhav ThackerayWhich company is testing the first global vaccine for the prevention of dengue?
- French company Sanofi Pasteurs tetravalent vaccineWhich city is emerged as the best city to live in India according to latestworldwide survey of cities by global HR consultancy Merces?-BangaloreWhich state is going to be first in country to set up a Patient SimulationLaboratory in the government sector?- Jammu and KashmirName the long anticipated meteorological satellite which will be launched in thethird quarter of 2013?- INSAT-3D ( weather satellite)Indian Government has given permission to celebrate whose birthday on12 Dec.2012at Taj Mahal?-Pak minister Rehman MalikWhere are the set of fossilised bones of first dinosaur that roamed the earth asbelieved by scientists been stored?- Natural History Museum ( It has been alive 10 to 15 million years before anypreviously known dinosaurs)Who has been considered most powerful man according to Forbes magazine thisyear?- Obama ( PM Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi have been named among the top 20most powerful persons) LATEST 2012Who issues one rupee coins and notes and subsidiary coins in India? A. State Bank of Patiala B. The Reserve Bank of India (correct Answer) C. The Central Government D. The State Bank of IndiaQuestion. 2) IncorrectWhich is the highest body that approves Five Year Plans in India? A. Parliament (Correct Answer) B. Union Cabinet C. Planning Commission D. None of theseQuestion. 3) IncorrectName the bank deposits that can be withdrawn without notice? A. Fixed deposits B. Variable deposits C. Demand deposits (Correct Answer) D. Account payee depositsQuestion. 4) CorrectHow many minutes for each degree of longitude does the local time of place varyfrom Greenwich time? A. 1 minute
B. 2 minutes C. 30 minutes D. 4 minutes (correct Answer)Question. 5) CorrectAccording to Gandhiji Khadi was considered a symbol of what? A. Purity B. Economic Growth C. Simplicity D. Economic Independence (correct Answer)Question. 6) IncorrectWhat is the meaning of Buddha? A. The enlightened one (Correct Answer) B. The genius C. The strength D. The religious preacherQuestion. 7) CorrectWhich one of the following country is the largest producer of steel in India? A. Canada B. Pakistan C. India (correct Answer) D. USAQuestion. 8) CorrectNaga, Khasi and Garo hills are located in which of the following ranges? A. Himalaya Ranges (correct Answer) B. Shivalik Ranges C. Karakoram Ranges D. Dhauladar RangesQuestion. 9) IncorrectWhich one of the following is not a part of Indias Money Market? A. Banks B. Mutual Funds C. Indian Gold Council (Correct Answer) D. Bill MarketsQuestion. 10) IncorrectHow many number of judges including chief justice are now in Supreme Court ofIndia? A. 30 B. 25 (Correct Answer) C. 23 D. 27