• First detergent powder in India.
• Launched in 1959.
• First national brand to advertise on T.V.
• Surf Excel Packaging-
Instead of saying “Ours is the best detergent”, they said, “Let children play and get
dirt on their clothes, we’ll take care of their stains”.
• 1970’s – Lalitaji “Surf ki kharidari mein hi samajdari hai!”
• 1990’s – Daag Dhoondthe reh jaaoge!
• 1999 – Surf Excel Hai Na!
• 2003 – “Do bucket paani roozana hai bachana”.
• 2005 till date – Daag Acche Hai!
• Founded in 1969 by Karsanbhai Patel.
• The Nirma Girl
• The name of the company is derived from Nirupama, the
company owner’s daughter who died in a car accident whose
image has been iconic with the brand.
Slogan: Washing powder Nirma….washing powder Nirma…….
Rin Detergent Powder
• Rin was launched in India as a bar in 1969.
• Rin detergent powder was launched in 1994.
• Rin powder doubles the whiteness because it is completely soluble
• Dugni safedi, dugna chamak.
• Chamakte rehna.
• The first brand of Unilever in India introduced in the summer of
• Sunlight Detergent Powder is present in the two states of Kerala
and West Bengal where it is the market leader.
• Sunlight has innovative color guard technology that keeps your
clothes colors as new as ever, even after 40 washes. It also
prevents color loss from the clothes.
• “ Spread the Brightness”.
• Wheel was launched in 1984.
• This product was created specifically to counter Nirma.
• The greenish yellow and sliced lime symbolizes the cleaning
benefit of the brand.
• Nimboo ki shakti aur haaro pholo ki khushboo; mehangi wali
dhulai budget me samai.