• Today , India is the 4th largest crude steel producer of
steel in the world ( 73.6 MT) , as per WSA in April 2012.
• Indian steel producers are increasingly looking forward
for overseas acquisitions in steel as well as raw
• Demand of Steel.
• India Ratings and Research (Ind- Ra)
Established in 1907 , Tata steel is the Asia’s first and India’s largest
private sector steel company in India.
Tata steel is the world’s 6th largest steel company with an existing annual
crude steel production capacity of 30 million tones.
Largest plant is located in Jamshedpur , Jharkhand.
Acquisitions – UK based steel maker – Corus.
Singapore based – Nat Steel.
Products of Tata Steel
• Strips and Barings.
• Foreign quality steel.
• Hot and cold rolled coils and sheets .
STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA
• SAIL is India's largest steel producing company.
With a turnover of Rs. 49,350 crores.
• SAIL was set up on January 19, 1954.
• CEO – Chandra Shekhar verma.
TATA STEEL SAIL
TURNOVER 37005.71 51036.16
EPS 68.95 8.58
OPERATING MARGIN 35.49% 13.15%
DEBT – EQUITY RATIO 0.45 0.40
CURRENT RATIO 0.79 1.22
ANALYSIS OF 2012