Digital Transformation ( DT) – the use of technology to radically improve and differentiate performance or reach of enterprises is becoming a hot topic for companies across the globe. Executives in all industries are using digital advances such as Analytic, Mobility, Social media and smart embedded devices and improving their use of traditional technologies such as ERP – to change customer relationships, internal processes, and value propositions. We continue to see how fast digital technology disrupted media industries in the past decade and it now spreading to all businesses irrespective of the domain and sectors.
How can top / senior management successfully lead digital transformation? While we all know and urge the team to get started on the digital transformation journey , few tell how to do it. This book gives a clear “ How” part .
I have also given in the summary few good case studies where digitization has impacted the business outcomes like Burberry , Asian Paints, Nike, Codelco, Starbucks , UPS etc.
The how part –Leading digital transformation
• Sharing a digital transformation vision across the enterprise ( not in piece mail – all businesses across the group need to envision the journey and be in sync)
• Gaining critical mass – inclusiveness
• Frame the digital challenges
• Focus investment on resources
• Sustaining the transformation
An excellent one to read.