Political personality as leader is must<br />Touches every sphere of human life.<br />Positive & negative impact on society <br />Gandhi, Nehru, Lincoln, etc. in positive Hitler, Saddam, Mugabe, etc. in negative way.<br />Affect equally to all irrespective of gender, age, status<br />
Why Mandela???<br />There are many as Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Martin Luther, Castro, etc.<br />Mandela has blend of all of above<br />Practiced Gandhi’s non-violence also & Castro’s armed rebellion also.<br />
He is Great Because…..<br />It’s due to him apartheid regime came to an end & his people tasted the sweetness of freedom.<br />Before him many had tried to oppose apartheid in Africa but they were unsuccessful with their means.<br />Faced lathi-charge while on other he retaliated back with same power.<br />He could have become despotic leader of South Africa but he remains at the presidency for 2 terms & showed way to successors for new Republican South Africa.<br />
Adolf Hitler<br />Australian born German Politician and the Leader of Nazi Party.<br />The primary instigator of both the Second World War in Europe and the mass execution of millions of people deemed to be "enemies".<br />Adolf Hitler was a Autocratic leader and what that is, is pretty much my way or the high way<br />
Why Compare Hitler and Mandela ?<br />Both the leaders emerged during the time of crisis – Germany was in turmoil post WW1 and South Africa was sliding under the control of Apartheid.<br /> Both leaders created legacies.<br />Both lifted humanity to a higher level of awareness and a new understanding of what constituted right and wrong.<br />Both wanted to bring about a transition .<br /> however Mandela unlike Hitler did it without a bloodshed winning a Nobel price.<br />They followed two extreme styles of leaderships: autocratic and situational..we can find out which one is more effective<br />
ROUND 1<br />Point - 0<br />Point – 1<br /><ul><li>Voice and the power of the Germany
Which power ? Power to kill ? Which voice ? Voice to initiate WWII?</li></li></ul><li>ROUND 1<br />Point - 0<br />Point – 2<br /><ul><li>Jews held the economy and didn’t help Germany in WW1
Is revenge your cause ? Why risk life of innocent ?</li></li></ul><li>ROUND 1<br />Point - 1<br />Point – 3<br /><ul><li>Even Nelson Mandela resorted to violence afterwards
Yes! But his fight was for the equal rights and not to have his creed supreme power</li></li></ul><li>ROUND 2<br />Point - 1<br />Point – 4<br /><ul><li>Nelson Mandela is known to be a lovable and kind person.
Hitler's passion drove him mad making him forget bout morality n kindness.
Yes Hitler was arrogant, rude, cruel but he was passionate towards his country.</li></li></ul><li>ROUND 2<br />Point - 2<br />Point – 5<br /><ul><li>Hitler wanted to give German proper rights in the country as well in the world.
What about the basic human rights and values ? .He is hailed as liberator and a custodian of human values </li></li></ul><li>ROUND 2<br />Point – 3<br />Point – 5<br /><ul><li>Which sacrifice are you talking about he married 3 times. :-D…..lol….
Nelson Mandela sacrificed his personal life for the cause.</li></li></ul><li>ROUND 2<br />Point - 3<br />Point – 6<br /><ul><li>Hitler’s dream would have been come true if he didn’t commit sucide.
Nelson Mandela’s vision became a reality .</li></li></ul><li>ROUND 3 - CONCLUSION<br />Point - 4 <br /><ul><li> HITLER fought for the rights of the white Germans
His power of speech example is given till today.
In 1940’s the world witnessed his power of leadership</li></li></ul><li>ROUND 3 - CONCLUSION<br />POINTS - INFINTE <br /><ul><li>Nelson Mandela supported a great cause of ending apartheid in South Africa .
He turned his back to the secured career of leading his tribe and devoted his life to fight against the existing injustice.
He was a man of determination.(served 27 yrs in jail)
He was an amazing person, with humor, charm, dignity, morality, kindness, and strength surging through his veins</li></li></ul><li>And the winner is<br />NELSON MANDELA<br />YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH…….I WIN…I WIN..I WIN..I WIN<br />
1. What comes first to your mind when we talk about Nelson Mandela?a) South Africab) Mahatma Gandhic) A black leader<br />
2. Though Mandela was a strong supporter of non violence, he adopted aggressive ways like sabotage & guerilla warfare. Was that right move as a leader?a) Yesb) No<br />
3. Mandela was a effective leader even from the prisona) Agreeb) Disagreec) Can’t say<br />
4. World needs whom the most, a Autocratic leader or a Situational leader?a) Autocraticb) Situational <br />
5. Does Mandela resemble like the child of Mahatma Gandhi?a) Yesb) No<br />
6. People say "A true leader is a leader of everyone (black as well as white) and Mandela is the one"a) Agree b) Disagreec) Can’t say<br />
7. With your knowledge which country is more developed?a) South Africab) Zimbabwe <br />
8. Do you think world needs Nelson Mandela?a) Yes b) No<br />
9. Why do you think world needs Nelson Mandela?a) Because he is a situational leaderb) Because he believes in equalityc) Because he went to jail for his countryd) Because he dedicated his whole life to country and not to his personal lifee) I marked No<br />
10. Rate Nelson Mandela according to his leadership qualities.<br />