SUBMITTED BY: SUBMITTED TO
SIDDHARTH BHATIA PROF. MEDHA PARASHAR
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process or technique of
maximizing the number of visitors to a particular website by
ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned
by a search engine without paying the search engines.
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of
getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural”
search results on search engines.
All major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo have
primary search results, where web pages and other content such
as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the
search engine considers most relevant to users. Payment isn’t
involved, as it is with paid search ads.
Step – 1 Keyword Research
• Keyword research is one of the most important, valuable, and
high return activities in the SEO.
• There are various tools for keyword research:
1. Google keyword planner tool.
• In the case, Alan used keyword planner tool for the keyword
• It is to be noted that keyword stuffing should be totally avoided
as Google understands that keyword is not used with the flow
and is over stuffed and Google hence does not ranks it.
• By keeping in mind the particular keyword, its relevance and
average monthly searches, a particular keyword is selected.
As in the above case, we can see that “quadcopter” is very general, thus using “how to
fly a quadcopter” would be very specific and have good amount of searches too with
relevancy and low competition.
• It is the world's leading competitive research
service for online marketing.
• Instantly SEMRUSH Provides with related
keywords, search volumes, competition level,
search trends and a direct link to view the
SERP for each keyword.
• Choosing the “Best quadcopter” is perfect mid
funnel search term with 5400 searches.
Step -2 Content Creation
• For SEO, content is the king.
• Content should not be copied from anywhere, as Google can crawl
it and make you rank really low.
• The content should be relevant and freshness of the content should
• The entire content should have 2-3% of the keyword usage.
• Google ranks the most relevant and the best content on the top.
• Better content makes link building much easier.
• Alan included many definitions, looked what top articles are doing,
looked at competitor articles and saw what they where not doing.
• Thus the content was more in depth, up to date and provided the
better user experience.
• Result - Traffic increase by 272% in 30 days.
Step- 3 On-page optimization
• On-page optimization refers to all measures that can be taken directly
within the website in order to improve its position in the search rankings.
• On page factors tell Google.
1. What your page is about.
2. What keywords you want to rank for.
3. How valuable your content is.
Step- 4 Lead Generation.
Deliver lead magnet to new subscribers
Optimize website to capture leads
Create your lead magnet
1. Create your lead magnet – One can create a lead magnet by offering some thing of value
to the reader in exchange of there email address. For example: Free EBooks, Free trails,
check lists and the short videos.
By doing so the email list grows faster than ever before.
2. Optimize the website to capture leads.
Optimizing the website means placing opt- in forms strategically around the website.
This includes –
• Scroll Mats
• Header Bars
• Lead Boxes
Here the strategy used was- Popup Form and Lead Box.
Value Proposition is joining the
community and receiving a free
pdf of the guide. It pops up 12
seconds after a visitor arrives,
and doesn’t show to the same
visitor more than once every
24 hours. The convert rate was
3. Deliver Lead Magnet To New Subscribers-
The goal of this page is to make sure that the people are clicking the link in the
confirmation email sent to them.
Step- 5 : Content Promotion
• Making the content rank high on Google may take a lot of time. Thus, it may
take several months to come on the first page of Google.
• Therefore, heavy promotions of the content may give early wave of
• Content promotions strategies are many. The ways used for quadcopters
1. Social media automation
2. Established social media accounts
4. Forum marketing
5. Scoop it
Step- 6 : Link Building
One of the most important ranking factors are Backlinks.
Strategies used to build the links to the quadcopter articles were
1. Block Commenting
These comments can be done
by 2 main methods:
Creating a fake account and
pretending to be a curious
Being myself, providing a lot of
value in the comment and
linking to the article.
2) Directory Submissions -
The other way can be go through a bunch of directories around the web and submitting
a direct link to the article.
3) Fake Forum Account Link Building
4) Weekly Roundups
5) Link pages
• Strong on page signals were there in the page (which deserved
• More in-depth and up to date and had best multi media mix
• Was highly optimized for target keywords
• Backlinks when crawled by Google and page increased its
authority and climbed SERPs