KP approach to
By – Rajendra Nimje, ex-IAS
President, KP Astrologers Forum , India
What is an Election?
• It’s choosing one candidate from two or more through competition
• When there is a tie , the process is finalizing one among equals through lottery.
• KP houses which needs consideration are 6 and 11 for the chart under consideration and 5 and
12 need also evaluation being opponents 6th and 11th houses. (opponent is seen from 7th house)
• Methods which can be deployed for evaluation are
• Horary Chart
• KP Number Chart
• Natal Chart
• Options Theory
Which method is best?
• Horary or KP Number (1 to 249) is the best method as it gives a magnified picture
for a single question at hand and astrologer can focus clearly on all aspects of
winning prospects for the candidate under consideration.
• Natal Chart shows that a period is good for the candidate but the case can be same
for opponent from his natal chart. In that case whose period is better and who will
win finally is very difficult from comparisons of many natal chart who are
• Horary(Time) Chart gives mostly correct clue and the interpretations are reliable.
However, in a case where both candidate approach the same astrologer within few
minutes this method is not fruitful. Mostly, its good for first analysis of the day
How to find winning prospects for a candidate?
• Best Scenario is Candidate himself is asking a question to the astrologer. In this case take a KP
Number between 1 to 249 from the candidate after apprising him about how to give the number
• Check the Moon position in the casted chart at the time of judgment
• Moon should signify 6 or 11 or 5 or 12
• After getting moon connectivity, evaluate 6th sublord
• If 6th sub is signifying 6 or 11 and not in retro starlord then it is indicating positive scenario for
• Check if 11th sublord also confirms the same
• Don’t stop here. Rotate the chart and make 7th house as first house
Evaluate Chances of the Opponent
• From Rotated chart (7th house being Ascendant now), check the 6th and 11th
• If 6th sub of the rotated chart is siginificator of 6 or 11 then it is favorable to the
• If 6th sub is in retrograde star opponent will lose
• If 6th sub is signifying 5 or 12 then the candidate will win and opponent will lose
• Check from 11th sublord as well.
• Mostly a clear case will emerge that candidate who has given a number will win or
• If 6th sublord is connected to 6 or 11 and if rotated chart (opponent) 6th sublord is
connected to 6 or 11 then there is no clear conclusion from the analysis. Next step is
• Analyze the Dasa Bhukti and Antara
• If the dasa and bhukti is signifying 6 and 11 for the candidate then he/she will win. If there
is no clear verdict from dasa or bhukti being connected to both houses 6-11 or 5-12 or
connected to unconnected houses to the issue then evaluate Antara
• Antara will clearly indicate candidate or opponent through signification.
• If Antara also is indecisive then check on Moon’s transit. Check on the day of election
moon is passing through which star. Whom this star is favoring will decide the result.
Question is asked by close relative or friend of
• In this case rotate the chart for the relation. E.g. Qn asked by wife then 7th
house will become the ascendant. Qn. Asked by mother for her son then
rotate the chart to make 5th house as Ascendant.
• Work out the same steps as mentioned in earlier steps for the rotated chart
Question by person who has a strong urge but
not related to candidate
• Many a times people do have strong opinions and they do favor a candidate.
They would like to know if their candidate will win. For this situation the
candidate is known to the querrent through party work, media , newspaper
etc. For astrology workout the candidate is a stranger to the querrent.
• Take Ninth house as Ascendant and proceed.
• First step is to check the connectivity of moon and it should connect to 6-11
or 5-12 of the rotated chart where 9th house is ascendant.
• Proceed and work out remaining steps as mentioned earlier.
Astrologer is interested in knowing the fate of
a particular candidate
• Astrologer should take a number between 1 and 249 keeping the winning
prospects of the candidate in mind.
• Take 9th house as Ascendant as the candidate is a stranger to him. If the
candidate is related to him like father, son , sister, mother , elder brother etc.
then the concerned house will become ascendant.
• Proceed further and work out all other steps.
Who will win among a few probable?
• There may be number of candidates contesting for an election. However, there are few which are most probable and if it is
to be worked out who will win among them
• Note that here the astrologer is not working out winnabiltiy of one particular candidate. He is not taking a number from
candidate or relative or himself.
• In this case astrologer can take number from the person who is interested to know who will win among probable
candidates or himself can take the number.
• A KP number is to be asked/taken for each of the probable candidate.
• Each kp number will give sign , star and sub and signlord, starlord and sublord are known. Note signlord , starlord and
sublord for each number i.e. for different probable candidate
• Note the RP at the time of decision. RP will match with one of the KP number through signlord, starlord and sublord
being present in RP.
• This candidate will win among the shortlisted candidates
• KP Number chart or Horary Time chart is good for deciding winning chances of
the candidate under consideration.
• When the question posed is how many seats for a party or How many votes a
candidate will get in an election the single line approach is not useful
• Options Theory is choosing one option among a range of options which can run in
single digit or many digits.
• Basic principle is to take no. of probable options and then match the right one with
the help of ruling planets at the moment.
• Where can I get details on option theory?