S ummer internship presentation on Comparative analysis of various brands of noodles with maagi noodles
on Comparative Analysis of Various
Brands of Noodles With
By- Rajesh Barnwal
NSHM Business School
FMCG industry provides a wide range of consumables
The competition among FMCG manufacturer is also
growing and as a result of this, investment in FMCG
industry is also increasing, specifically in India.
• It market its products in 130 countries across the
• Nestle put nutrition as the core of their business..
• Nestle is a Swiss company founded in 1867 by Henri
• Basically the company started to meet the need of the
milk in world war I..
STORY OF MAGGI 2-MINUTE NOODLES
•It’s a Brand of instant noodle made by Nestle India Ltd.
•It was founded by the Maggi family in Switzerland in
the 19th century..
•The Brand is popular in:
• -New Zealand
• -South Africa
Objective of the project
• To study the sales of 2-minute Maggi noodles in
• To study the taste and preferences of the consumer
• To study the market response to the new variants of
• To analyze the visibility of maggi in Durgapur
• To analyze the market share of Maggi with other brands
• To analyze that a new brand like Yippe have the
potentiality to break through a monopoly market of
reputed brand Maggi.
• Market leader
• USP- Easy to cook & tasty
good for health and calories..
• Excellent advertising visibility
•Heavily dependent on one flavor ..
• Perceived as made up of Maida not
• Brand loyalty
• Advertising strategy..
• Distribution channels
• Increasing level of income of
• ITC, the competitor provides higher
consumers and fast life.
margins to its retailer’s and growing
• Unexploited rural market..
•Top Raman has adopted the strategy of
reducing the price of its product.
: And ITC has taken the NEW approach for the newly
launched noodles brand Sunfeast Yippee in the Indian market,
which is dominated by Maggi from decades. Recently, this product
category has also seen a lot of activity with the launch of many
new brands like Horlick’s Foodles by Glaxo Smithkline India,
Knorr from HUL, Ching’s secret by Capital Foods Ltd, Tasty Treat
by Future Group, etc.
Top Ramen : Top Ramen is the second largest Noodles
brand in India in 2002, but now a days it is vanished from the
INDIAN market , the supply and demand for this brand is
absolutely lost. So maggi has no competition regarding this brand
Offtake of Maggi &Yippe in Durgapur
Maggi Rs 5
Contribution of Maggi Sku’s wise
Maggi Maggi Rs
hungroo Hungroo Atta Ndls Atta Ndls maggi Rs Maggi rs Maggi Rs Maggi Rs
The data is collected from the month Jan 2013 to July 2013.
• Maggi is a market leader in noodles category with high
• ITC provides higher profit margin to its retailers and
• When it comes to the point of purchase of display Maggi
again scores over the other brands.
• Though ITC have increased their market share up to
18% but they are unable to take the market share of
Maggi, they have taken the market share of Top Ramen
• Maximum no of retailers says that they get proper credit
facilities on Maggi while other companies fail to do so.
• The sales promotion strategy of maggi is very effective,
when compared with other brands.
• Now a day the biggest threat to Maggi is ITC yippe, while
other brands are vanished from the market.
Maggi has a unique relation with consumers.
• The Maggi has created a emotional attachments with
• The variant of maggi masala sells the most in the
market, while all other variant of maggi only supports
• Nestle is very aggressive towards its product quality.
• Competitor strategy needs to be studied for curbing the competition
in the market
• The company should mainly concentrate on the already captured
market, and also try to increase the market share of maggi.
• The return of damaged goods by retailers is up to the three months
from the expiry date, it must be extended to 5 months, so that poor
shop keepers doesn’t have to bear any loss.
• The basic problem that a brand faced is an Indian Psyche, Indian
palate is not too adventurous in terms of trying new taste, before
launching a new variant of maggi, and they must conduct test
• Maggi should concentrate on youth crowd.
• For motivating retailers, company must give prizes for annually top
And the highest seller should be awarded by some attractive gifts
like foreign trips and holiday package.
• The magical masala of ‘Maggi’ and magic masala of ‘Yippe’ have
almost same taste but it differs in weight and price.
The magic masala yippe have RS 5 & Rs10 Sku’s while magical
masala of maggi have only one sku of Rs 15. If the company wants
to give the competition, they must have to make a Sku of magical
masala of Rs5 & Rs10.