To create an application that would
automate the building of Web Forms
without any need to write the code or
script for it.
• Lack of User friendly developing tools
(e.g. XForms, AjaxForms etc.) to
create Web Forms.
• High level of scripting required for both
controls and binding of controls.
• Time requirement is high and Code
reliability is not good.
• A user friendly GUI tool that would allow
creation of Forms using “drag-n-drop”
approach while still making use of a Web
Form W3C standard at the back of it.
• “INTERACTIVE FORM BUILDER” is one
such solution that bridges the gap
between the developer and the
• Provides a visual way of designing forms based on
• No knowledge of XForms script or XHTML
required. Only basic XML required.
• Drag-n-drop interface for positioning and
characterizing form controls exactly the way
• Inbuilt code generation using XML Model and form
• Supports both online and offline forms.
• Java and Java Swing Library for GUI
• DOM Parser and Xerces Library for
intermediate code generation and code
• XForms as intermediate and final
• Netbeans IDE v6.9.1.
USER GUI Form
.FORM File Generated
(XML Based property
• The Application is divided into 2 main parts – GUI Form
Designer and Convertor.
• The GUI takes in the XML structure of the form to be
built and then user can design the form using Drag-n-
• The control’s properties and binding can be set from the
Designer interface itself.
• The properties of controls and their alignment are
recorded in the intermediate property file (.FORM) which
is XML based.
• The Convertor takes in the intermediate property file
and generates the XHTML using DOM.
LIMITATIONS AND DRAWBACKS
• limited to simple controls. Text , submit
button and other controls are not present.
• Controls can not be styled using custom
• The files generated can be saved only in
the application workspace.