Your final destination for some of
the finest handloom and
handcrafted sarees of India.
Executive Summary 2
• The project started in July 2014 and the visits were made to various parts of the
country to connect to the weavers and artisans.
• Beta launch of the site www.navrang.net is done of 10th June 2015.
• There will be a 3 months of Pilot with the products from 8 States with a plan to
cover 29 states by end of Dec 2015.
• Today there is no single retail place or portal where women can buy
fabrics which come from different regions, states and parts of India.
• Navrang brings the different cultures, colours, fabrics, motifs,
handiworks and colours of the beautiful 6 yard magic called SAREE to
all the wonderful women across various regions of the world.
• We bring the works of Weaver and Artisans directly to the consumers.
• Give the Weavers and Artisans the right value for their hardwork.
• Venture is founded by Sonal and Rajarshi, in their 2nd start-up
What is Navrang : Colours of India
Vasantha from Hyderabad
is able to connect to Md.
Sabir in Jaipur
She is able to buy this
laheria saree of Jaipur
What problems we are solving ? 4
Top Class Quality
Consumer get genuine handloom or
Navrang buys directly from
Artisans/Weavers and sell to the
Fair Compensation to weavers
The poor weavers gets their due, paid
on time, improve their life.
• Identification of
Weavers/Artisans from the
• Special focus on National
• Physical Visit and
• Sample collection from
• Multiple sources for better
Stocking , Photo Op, Branding.
Launch on Navrang Site
Inventory Check .Re-order,
New Design, Colours launch
Business Model 5
Good Things about interface 6
Graphical Search Facility
makes life easy
Search by State,Fabric
1st E-commerce site that provides knowledge & curated content
about each fabric and craft
Newsroom provides the consolidated related articles published in media.
Live Documentaries provides a feel of the real life of artisans and weavers.
• Consumers who values Indian
• Consumers who are interested
to pay a premium for the
• Individuals who wish to have
one unique product in their
• The products passes to the
next generation along with the
As per IMRB figures
urban incomes rose by 100% and
incomes of urban women by 111%
Different social groups like #100sareepact
are becoming popular.
Corporates are promoting wearing
handloom items on special occasions.
Even some of the schools made saree as
mandatory dress code for teachers.
Saree Day @ Infosys Bangalore
Our Market 7
India's textile market size (USD billion)
2009 2010 2011 2014 2023E
• Textile market is valued at $99 bilion USD and growing at 8.7% CAGR
• Handloom and Handcrafted is $39B market grwoing at 13% CAGR
• Huge export potential to US & Europe due to increasing Indian diaspora
• Platforms like LIMEROAD, CRAFTSVILLA etc. are doing well.
India or Abroad : We are here ! 8
Q1 : Is Navrang a Marketplace for weavers and artisans ?
Ans : No, We do not use Marketplace model.
Q2 : How the inventory is managed ?
Ans : We buy the inventory from the weavers or artisans, hold it in New Delhi
then ship out to our customers.
Q3 : What was the reason of not using a Marketplace model ?
Ans : Its very clear that weavers or artisans are not so educated to upload
the inventory and manage it. On other hand as products are selected by us
hence quality is assured.
Q4 : How do you find out the sources ?
Ans : Normally we use reference or government listed artisans . Also we talk
to the national award winners who provides very unique designs. Lot of
ground level work is involved.
Q5 : What is the vision for Navrang ?
Ans : We wish to cover all 29 states and all Crafts of India. We would like to
give you an option to choose any textile from Kanyakumari to Kashmir.
Frequently Asked Questions 9
After having worked in some of the top Corporates for over two
decades, travelled world over… the two co-founders gave it
all….“Corporate perks, a big fat salary, 5-star hospitalities” ….to pursue
their quest for “Discovering India” the real India thru’ the eyes and
hands of the true artists of India…..
The Founding Team
Co-Founder, believes in getting the best out of technology but at
the same time passionate about the rich culture and traditions of
India, amongst the first few women officers of the Indian Army. Ex
Indian Army, Bharti, IBM, Oracle.
Co-Founder, has a flair for technology with almost two decades in
managing and leading high impact technological teams and a
passion for cooking exotic Bengali cuisine. Ex Usha Comm, Bharti,
Visit us at
Write to us : email@example.com