• Increasing spectral efficiency at cell edge upto
• Support 20 Mobile Channel @256 Kbps in 5
• Provide Good coverage by single frequency
• Low power consumption due to reception of
short high data rate burst.
LTE-MBMS MBSFN principle
• Multiple cell are synchronized and formed MBFSN Area.
• Proper synchronization of radio cells, tx the same content resulting signal
will appear to terminal as on e transmission over time dispersive radio
• If signal receives within cyclic prefix ISI is avoided.
From "LTE – The UMTS Long Term Evolution"
Sesia, Toufik, Baker
John Wiley & Sons
Single-user dual stream beam forming
• In single-user dual-stream beamforming technology, the base station measures
the upstream channels to glean their status information.
• It then calculates two beamforming vectors according to this upstream channel
information, and uses the vectors for downlink beamforming of the two data
streams to be transmitted. In single-user dual-stream beamforming technology, a
single user can simultaneously transmit two data streams, and thereby benefit
from beamforming gains and spatial 20 multiplexing gains at the same time.
Multi-user dual stream beam forming
• In multi-user dual-stream beamforming technology, the base station
matches multiple users according to upstream channel information or UE
• It then, according to certain criteria, generates beamforming vectors, and
uses the vectors for the beamforming of each UE and each stream. Multiuser dual-stream beamforming technology uses the smart antenna beam
direction to enable multi-user spatial division multiple access (SDMA).