Presented by –
Leadership is a mindset, a state of being. It is about “becoming”
what you really are, rather than “changing” into something new.
For such transformation to take place, more leaders must come
forth and take responsibility. This will take COURAGE.
To contribute the best of what we have to offer requires each of us
to know, trust and reveal our inner self.
For those who like definitions, the following words would define
courageous leadership have -
Trustworthy, Honest, Listener, Positive, Empathetic, Focused,
Sensitive, Open, Communicative, Sense of Humour, Intuitive,
Mature, Respectful, Questioner, Responsible, Delivers on
Promises, Cherishes Diversity, Persuasive, Conceptualizes,
Right Conduct, Accountable, Fun.
Courageous leadership go beyond the current designated
Leaders of the day. Besides holding positions of power and
authority, they paint a complete picture of what their
organization stands for and creates a common purpose.
Courageous leadership create meaning by focusing on
intrinsic motivators such as dignity, community and caring.
They honour people first, have a firm belief in decency and
fairness, and teach people to liberate and lead themselves.
7 traits of a courageous leadership
1. Doesn’t leave the team member when things get
2. Not afraid to make big requests of others… just
think on that….
3. Willing to take the first move …
4. Moves forward by faith…even when the outcome
5. Take hard decisions…according to the situation…
6. Protects the vision…accomplished your task…
7. Implements needed changes even when they are
uncomfortable or not immediately popular…