Secure I T 2011

622 views

Published on

The introductory presentation to the one day national conference on public safety, security & disaster management organized by eGov (www.egovonline.net) magazine.

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
622
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
3
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
8
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Secure I T 2011

  1. 1. SECURING CITIZENS THROUGH TECHNOLOGY<br />PLATINUM SPONSOR<br />ASSOCIATE <br />SPONSOR<br />ASSOCIATE <br />SPONSOR<br />
  2. 2. The challenges for homeland security in India and across the globe, is ever rising.<br />The level of technological sophistication of the terrorists and criminals- cyber criminals and otherwise- is increasing. <br />Prevention, response and investigation all require a number of technologies, cutting across disciplines. <br />Thus, governments, worldwide, need to be equally equipped and conversant with technology for public safety, security and disaster management.<br />The Need<br />
  3. 3. Apart from man-made disasters, we are vulnerable to natural disasters. Floods, droughts, cyclones, earthquakes and landslides are a recurrent phenomena<br />In India about 60% of the landmass is prone to earthquakes of various intensities; <br />over 40 million hectares is prone to floods; <br />about 8% of the total area is prone to cyclones and<br />68% of the area is susceptible to drought.<br />Disaster management thus, occupies an important place in India’s policy framework. The disaster mitigation approach needs to be multi-disciplinary spanning across all sectors of development.<br />The Need (contd…)<br />
  4. 4. Today’s convention therefore aims to bring together the various stakeholders to deliberate upon strengthening the homeland security and disaster management with the help of technological interventions. <br />Leveraging the private sector expertise in ICT for providing advanced and intelligent solutions in disaster management, public safety and security would be another key area of today’s deliberations.<br />Objectives <br />
  5. 5. Focus Areas<br />Disaster Management : Preparedness and Response<br />Role of ICT and GIS in Disaster Management, Public Safety and Security<br />IT for Infrastructure Security, Internal Security Management; Interstate Cooperation; Border Management; Police Reforms<br />ICT in Policing/Traffic Policing/Preventive Policing and Police Modernization (Projects: CCTNS, Natgrid)<br />Information and Cyber security<br />Integrating Technologies to Meet the Security Challenges<br />Public Private Partnership for Disaster Management and Training<br />
  6. 6. Inaugural Session: Vision and Roadmap for ICT in Security<br />ICT in Policing, Intelligence, Prisons, Airport, Railways, Border Security<br />Disaster Management: Preparedness and Response<br />Security of IT Infrastructure: Cyber and Network Security<br />Open Data and Data Sharing for Emergency Management: Opportunities and Challenges<br />Key Sessions<br />
  7. 7. ABOUT ORGANIZERS<br />EletsTechnomediais a technology media and research company focused on ICT in government, education and healthcare sectors. <br /> Our mandate is to provide effective information on latest developments in different ICT tools, techniques and applications through a premier portfolio of print publications, web portals and events.<br />
  8. 8. www.egovonline.net<br />Asia’s first monthly magazine on eGovernment<br />
  9. 9. www.digitalLEARNING.in<br />Asia’s first monthly magazine on ICT in Education<br />
  10. 10. www.ehealthonline.org<br />Asia’s first monthly magazine on ICT in Healthcare<br />
  11. 11. www.eindia.net.in<br />India’s largest ICT event featuring Governance, Healthcare & Education <br />(completed 6 successful annual editions)<br />
  12. 12. www.e-asia.org<br />Asia’s largest ICT eventfeaturing <br />Governance, Healthcare & Education <br />(completed 5 successful annual editions)<br />
  13. 13. OUR OTHER EVENTS<br />Cloud Computing Summit<br />www.smart-city.in<br />www.highereducationsummit.in<br />www.schooleducationconclave.in<br />www.cloudcomputingsummit.in<br />www.healthcareleadersforum.in<br />
  14. 14. OUR FORTHCOMINGEVENTS<br />13-15July 2011<br />The Ashok, New Delhi<br />
  15. 15. Let’s further <br />today’s deliberations of <br />SECURING CITIZENS <br />THROUGH TECHNOLOGY<br />

×