Power point presentaion about 20 tips, tricks, and tools to make your Facebook experience even better.
1. Appear offline to certain friendsBy opening your Facebook chat window,clicking the settings icon in the upper rightcorner, and then navigating to "AdvancedSettings," you can customize your chatexperience by appearing offline to certainpeople on your friends list. This tweak will beespecially helpful for those of you with chattyacquaintances who like to talk your ear offwhen youre online.
2. Reposition your Timeline photosWhen uploading a new photo, it might notalways appear on your feed the way youintended. Particularly long or wide photoshave a tendency to be cropped awkwardly, butyou can fix this rather easily. By clicking "EditPhoto" from your Timeline page, you gainaccess to a "Reposition Photo" option. Usingthis tool, you can move your photo around thepreview window so that it appears as youintended.
3. Add photos to your worldly travelsIf youre a fan of Facebooks "Places" feature,you can very easily decorate it with pictures toshow off your various activities all over theworld. On the main Places page, simply click"Add Photos to Map," and start tagging away!If you frequently upload photos directly toyour Facebook profile using a mobile app foriPhone or Android, you might find that yourmap is already pretty well populated.
4. Easily hide app notifications for a cleanerexperienceBy going into your account settings, thennavigating to the "Notifications" tab on the leftside of the page, you can browse theapplications that have permission to populateyour news feed. If find that a friend hasspammed your feed with an excessive numberof app notifications, simply deactivate theoffending app. Its easier than breaking off thefriendship.
5. Upload photos in high resolutionSometimes youll find that a gorgeous photoyou wanted to share with your friends appearstiny and blurry after adding it to your socialnetwork profile. Remedy this by going intoyour Facebook albums and, before uploading aphoto, click the "High Quality" box.
6. Use the "View As" option to tweak yourappearance to specific friendsKnowing what your friends can see on yourFacebook Timeline is an invaluable tool toensuring your virtual reputation stays intact.From your Timeline page, click the settingsicon next to "Activity Log," and then click"View As." From here youll be able to seewhat specific friends see when they visit yourpage.
7. Download your entire Facebook historyEver wanted to browse yourentire Facebook profile at once — includingevery status update youve ever submitted?Facebook makes it easy: Under your AccountSettings page, a small link will appear at thevery bottom of the options list. Click"Download a copy of your Facebook data" tobegin the process of securing your entirearchive.
8. Forward your Facebook conversationsHaving to repeat yourself is annoying in day-to-day life, and its even more of a bother whenonline. Rather than copying and pastingdirections or instructions to multiple people,click the "Actions" tab at the top of anyFacebook message thread to access the optionto forward it to others. Ta-da! No more double-talk!
9. Turn chat sign-in off by defaultCant stand endless chat when youre simplybrowsing your status updates? No problem.Click the settings icon in the main Facebookchat window, and click "Turn off chat" to haveall future messages sent to your inbox, ratherthan pop-up in realtime on your screen.
10. Use Facebook to design your business cardIf youve put a lot of work into making yourTimeline page reflect exactly who you are,consider using it as a pre-designed businesscard. Clicking the "About" link — located underyour name on your Timeline — lets youbrowse your social network details. In theContact Info window is a small business cardicon that will direct you to Moo.com, whereyou can customize a Facebook-flavoredbusiness card and place an order.
Get the most out of Facebook using theseweb tools11. Analyze your Facebook history withWolfram AlphaFor the most comprehensive breakdown ofyour entire Facebook history, WolframAlpha cant be beat. Simply type "FacebookReport" into the main search bar, approve theapps use of your Facebook data, and wait forthe system to break down your history. Onceits finished, youll be treated to a seeminglyendless number of graphs and data pointsshowing your update history, most likedphotos, and much more.
12. Schedule Facebook updates with SendibleBelieve it or not, thieves are big fans ofFacebook. By finding out when youll be awayfrom your home, security experts believewould-be robbers target those who go on aFacebook hiatus. Sendible — an applicationthat allows you to schedule updates evenwhen youre not near your computer — cankeep your online persona active, even whenyou cant.
13. Use Twitter to update FacebookSometimes you just dont have enough time tokeep all your social networks up to date, butthankfully Facebook and Twitter play nicetogether with a little tweaking. Head tothe Twitter app page on Facebook to begin theprocess of syncing your virtual social lives.After authorizing the Facebook app via Twitter,all your tweets will appear on Facebook asstatus updates.
14. Export your Facebook calendar to your PCMake sure you dont miss any importantevents by exporting your Facebook calendar toeither Microsoft Outlook or Apple iCal. Head toyour Facebook calendar (located under the"Events" tab on the Facebook navigation bar)and click the settings icon. Click "Export," andthen choose either your Facebook birthday listor upcoming events. Your desktops calendarapp should launch immediately, making theprocess even more streamlined.
Make Facebook better using Chromeextensions15. Facebook Photo zoomUsing this extension, you no longer have toclick on the photos in your news feed in orderto view them in full size. Simply move yourmouse cursor over the image thumbnail andthe larger version will pop up right in front ofyou. You can even adjust the zoom by movingthe mouse back and forth over the photo itself.Its like magic.
16. Revert Facebook Photo viewerIf youre not into real-time photo zooming, thisextension turns back the clock on yourFacebooks photo feature. Rather thandisplaying pictures in the new "Theater"layout, photos will appear on their own pages,complete with the full comments section and"Like" options.
17. Facebook Chat notificationsHave you ever left a Facebook tab open onyour web browser and missed an urgetmessage from a friend? This handyplugin produces a pop-up window on yourdesktop to notify you when someone needs tochat, ensuring you never miss an important bitof info.
Firefox add-ons that make Facebook a joy touse18. Like the PageIf youre a Firefox user, you can use this add-on to instantly share any web page they comeacross, even when the site doesnt have abuilt-in Facebook share button. A small "Like"icon will pop up at the bottom of everybrowser window, and all it takes it a click toshare your find with the world.
19. FB PurityThis plug-in returns your Facebook to anearlier day, back when spammers and uselessclutter wasnt a hinderance to your browsinghabits. You can hide any type of notificationyou wish, including birthdays, relationshipupdates, tagged photos, links, and much more.You can make your social experience as simpleas you wish.
20. Facebook auto-logoutDo you hate it when you accidentally leaveyourself signed in to the social network, onlyto come back to missed chat messages andanxiety over whether someone else wasbrowsing your digital life? This handy add-onwill automatically sign you out of yourFacebook windows if youve been inactive fortoo long, ensuring that nobody can snoop yourinfo.