• Currency: UAE Dirham (AED)
• Languages: Arabic
• Capital: Abu Dhabi
• Largest city: Dubai
• Religion: Mostly Islam/Muslim
• Type of government: Federation of
seven emirates with one advisory body.
• Area : 67,340 square kilometres
• Exchange rate: 1 UAE dirham = 16.18
The UAE is a
contradictory place where
lifestyle meets Western
consumerism and big-
These disparate influences have produced a nation that
combines the cultures of conservative Islam and the
liberal West in one package.
• The textile industry in UAE encompasses several
categories such as woven, knitted and non-woven
fabrics. The UAE textile market in 2011 was valued
at USD 13 billion which has grown 9.9% during the
• UAE is one of the major textile markets of the
world which includes fibers, fabrics, cloth, apparels,
outerwear and several others.
• In 2011, UAE exported the maximum to the US
(among the countries covered) at a value of USD
Abu Dhabi is the capital and the second largest city of
the United Arab Emirates in terms of population and the
largest of the seven member emirates of the United Arab
Emirates. It lies on a T-shaped island extending into
the Arabian Gulf from the central western coast. The city
proper had a population of 621,000 in 2012.
• One of the largest mosques in the world.
• Named after revered His Highness Sheikh Zayed Bin
Sultan Al Nahyan, president of UAE.
• Built to pay respect to his achievements.
• Built out of pure marble.
• 35-ton weighing carpet in the main praying hall
(world’s largest carpet, made by 1200-1300 carpet
SHEIKH ZAYED GRAND MOSQUE
• Ferrari themed amusement park on Yas Island, Abu
• Officially opened on 4 November 2010.
• Situated under 2 million sq. meters, making it the
largest indoor amusement park
• Home to Formula Rossa, world’s fastest roller coaster.
What else to see?
Hili Fun City
Al Ain Oasis
Al Ain Paradise Garden
Qasr al Sarab
Al Ain National Museum
Al Jahili Fort
Dubai is a city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE),
located within the emirate of the same name.
The emirate of Dubai is located south east of
the Persian Gulf on the Arabian Peninsula and is
one of the seven emirates in the country. It has
the largest population in the UAE and the
second-largest land territory by area of all the
emirates, after Abu Dhabi.
(center) is one of
the original palms
and is a part in the
. The names
of the other two
palms are Palm
Jebel Ali and the
to help solve
Dubai Palm Trilogy
Tallest building in the world about
828 meters, Burj Khalifa was
designed to be the centerpiece of a
large-scale and mixed-use
development. The decision to build
Burf Khalifa was mainly the
government’s decision to diversify
from an oil based economy to one
that is service and tourism based.
What else to see?
Al Boom tourist
Mall of emirates
The World Islands
Al Towar library
Dubai Golf Course
St. Thomas Orthodox
• Camel riding
• Desert feast
• Dune driving
• Trip to a Bedouin
• Exploring the
Dubai World Cup
Beaches And Parks
• Wild Wadi water
• Safa park
• Wonderland park
• Mushrif Park
Sports & Activities
• Apart from
Dubai offers a
range of leisure
reiki, tai chi, yoga;
scuba diving, deep
ice skating, indoor
skiing and sand
others. With so
cultures at play in
and interests are