• He has about 36 million hitpoints and has a 9
• The quicker you kill him the more loots you
• Biting Cold: Deals increasing periodic damage to stationary enemies.
Movement diminishes this effect. Effect is 100*(2^(Number of stacks of
Biting Cold), with a maximum stack amount of 8 (25600 damage). It ticks
• Frozen Blows: Physical damage reduced by 70%, but attacks deal 40000
additional Frost damage (partially resistable). 35 sec cooldown or so.
• Flash Freeze: Encases the target in a block of ice with 44k hitpoints (35k
on normal.) Approximately every 30-45 seconds. Instakills all frozen
targets. Long cast time.
• Snowpacked Icicles Drops from the ceiling with a clear graphic. Does 12k
damage and knocks back 20 yards. Leaves behind a Snowdrift. Snowdrift
cancels the effects of Flash Freeze.
• Freeze Inflicts Frost damage to nearby enemies, immobilizing them for up
to 10 sec. 5kish damage and freezes, 10 yard range around Hodir and/or
• On Heroic mode there are 8 NPC's (4 on
• The layout is:
• Back row (towards Hodir): MoonkinA EleShmA
MoonkinB PriestA MageA
• Front row (towards entrance): PriestB MageB
The two moonkin are Kar Greycloud and Tor Greycloud. They cast Starlight a beam of light that
increases casting/attack speed by 50% in its radius (about 3-4yds).
• Elemental Shaman
The two elemental shaman are Spiritwalker Tara and Spiritwalker Yona. They cast a buff that
increases the critical strike chance of up to 3 friendly targets in a chain by 100% for 15 sec and DPS
The two mages are Goesha Blazweaver and Aurora Blazeweaver. They cast Toasty Fire: Warms
nearby friendly creatures, preventing the effects of Freeze and Biting Cold, and increasing Spirit by
4. Toasty fire can be extinguished by falling ice or powerful frost magic. 12 yard radius.
• Basically, casters can stand by it to avoid taking the 'biting cold' debuff (which forces you to move
• Their DPS is the strongest.
The two priests are Battle-Priest Gina and Battle-Priest Eliza. They help dispell the freeze (frost
nova) and do some DPS.
It's vitally important to not attack any frozen NPC's
before Hodir is engaged, or they despawn.
(note: are there other ways to despawn them? We had
Hodir has a very small aggro range, so it's easy to wipe
Your tank should run up one of the sides to pull him to
avoid hitting one of the NPC's with, say, a glyphed Maul
• The basics are: Avoid the snowfalls (they lead to
icicles), don't get frozen, remove freeze from the NPC's, dps
• The icicles fall from the ceiling in a Gruul-like mechanic: you
notice snowflakes falling (fairly obvious, although their
exact area can be hard to pinpoint) and you have about 4
seconds to move out.
• These icicles deal sizeable (12k) damage, and is the bulk of
the raid damage. Reduce the amount of quot;getting hit by
iciclesquot; and you reduce the number of healers you need.
• Periodically he will cast freeze, which is a frostnova: ~5k
damage, hits an area, immobilizes for 10 seconds. Can (and
should) be dispelled.
• Flash Freeze is cast approximately once every 30-45 seconds (it has an internal
cooldown of 30 seconds so can be cast that frequently.) It is a 9 second cast.
• While it's casting, you need to look for those Icicles and find the ones that are, at
the start of his cast, still in snowflake form. You will need to move *near* these
but not *on* them. You can be very close. Look for a white cloud around
them, that's the sign that those are the icicles that will form snowdrifts.
• As soon as they form snowdrifts on the ground (which is right after the icicles land)
you need to move onto them -- a short strafe is sufficient. This will protect you
from getting frozen.
• Pets *will* get frozen, so pet classes must recall pets during this period (and
bloodworms shouldn't be spec'd into by DK's until this is fixed if you are using
• The NPC's will also get frozen and, if you are using
them, must be unfrozen as fast as possible.
• The blocks of ice have 44khp on Heroic mode, 35k on Normal mode.
Protect the NPS’s
• You need to decide at the start if you will bother with
the NPC's or not.
• The fight is probably doable either way, although we'll
have to wait for the exact tuning on live to know for
• Note that they are currently healable.
• If you do then it's vitally important to free them
immediately after Flash Freeze. This primarily because
you want their buffs and abilities, but also because if
you do not, they will be killed when he casts Flash
Freeze again 45 seconds later (it insta-kills anything still
in a block.)
Keep Hodir in range.
• For the casters, don't tank him where he
spawns, keep him more middleish.
• For the melee, either kite him in a slow circle
around the middle, or have the melee clump
up on the back right side, then switch to the
back left when a snowfall lands on them. Or
simply walk him back and forth
Keep movement to a minimum.
• Smart players won't run all the way across the
room just to get a moonkin's buff circle(I know everyone
wants my buff but yea!) shortly before a Flash Freeze is
• Melee shouldn't scatter to find a snowdrift unless
it's absolutely necessary: given so many of them
on Hodir, it's likely they can just hang out there.
• Biting cold, while technically there to encourage
you to move, is rarely a big deal since there's
usually something to move from. Mobile DPS
does very well in this fight.
• Only one tank is actually needed here, although a
second can be helpful to taunt if your MT screws up.
• A 50k-HP tank will never be in danger once your
healers are comfortable.
• A druid in full polar gear is probably ideal for the
fight, but it seems tankable by any class.
• Outside of Frozen Blows he doesn't hit very hard:
about 16-19k on a druid with a slow swing timer
• When Frozen Blows is up, he hits for 8k-40k frost
damage, and about 2-3k melee damage
• 5-6 healers. (Only need 2 if you have two Darks imo >,>)
• You will need raid heals, but also strong tank
heals during his Frozen Blows.
• Much or all of the raid damage is avoidable