• How are you going to use it?
• How are your users going to use it?
• Who is going to provide content?
• Who is going to update content?
• What are your goals?
• How will you measure results?
• Measuring results
– No built-in analytics
– Need to get creative
– What’s possible to track (and not)
• Who can create/produce videos?
• Who will post photos?
• How will content get in proper channels?
• Who needs to be trained in OmniUpdate?
Technical: How To
• Create new page
– Add OU edit code
• Create a new channel
– Demo: my.newpaltz.edu
• Remote HTML reference
• Edit text
• Accepted students tab
• Institutional Research internal documents
• Human Resources policies/documents
What’s coming next
• Finding the right mix / use
• Using OU opens up further possibilities
• Cross department & divisional boundaries
• Think creatively
• Use the tools your audience will use
• Build a realistic strategy
• Make it easy to update content
Let me in!
• Username: lumtest2
• Password: ouwebinar12