•Location:- Ethiopia is located in theNE part of the Horn of Africa b/n 30Nand 150N and 330E and 480E . It issurrounded by Eritrea[North],Djibouti and Somalia[East and SouthEast],Kenya[South] and North andSouth Sudan[West]•Area:- 1.12 million Km2
•Altitude:-126m b.s.l. at Dalol depression inthe Afar Region and 4620m a.s.l. at RasDashen Mt. in the Amhara Region[CentralHighlands].•Rainfall :-100mm to 2000mm•Temperature:- mean annual [high plateau]b/n 16 & 20 0C :-mean annual [ low land plains]b/n 20 &290C•Population:- about 81 million
ETHIOPIAN FIVE YEARS Growth andTransformation Plan (GTP) 2010/11- 2014/15
Ethiopia’s long-term vision is“to become a country wheredemocratic rule, good-governance andsocial justice reigns, upon theinvolvement and free will of its peoples;and once extricating itself from povertyand becomes a middle-incomeeconomy.”
Its vision in the economic sector is“to build an economy which has a modernand productive agricultural sector withenhanced technology and an industrial sectorthat plays a leading role in the economy; tosustain economic development and securesocial justice; and, increase per capitaincome of citizens so that it reaches at thelevel of those in middle-income countries.”
The Growth and Transformation Plan has the following major objectives.1. Maintain at least an average real GDP growth rate of 11% and meet the Millennium Development Goals[MDG],2. Expand and ensure the qualities of education and health services thereby achieving the MDGs in the social sectors,
3. Establish favorable conditions forsustainable state building through thecreation of stable democratic anddevelopmental state4. Ensure growth sustainability byrealizing all the above objectives withinstable macro economic framework.
1. Agriculture and Rural Development1.1 Crop Production and productivity1.2 Technology multiplication, supply anddistribution1.3 Irrigation and improved water use1.4 Natural Resources Management andClimate Change
1.5 Livestock resources development1.6 Research-extension-farmers linkage1.7 The Food Security Program1.8 Private Sector Investment in AgriculturalDevelopment1.9 Agricultural Marketing
2. Trade and IndustryAccordingly, the sector’s developmentstrategy focuses mainly on industries that:-•Are Labor intensive and having widemarket;•Use agricultural products as input;•Export-oriented and import substituting;•Contribute for faster technology transfer.
Industries and Sub-Sectors which will get specialsupport during the GTP:-•Small and Micro Enterprises Development;•Medium and Large Industries Development:- • Textile and Apparel Industry; • Leather and Leather Products Industry; • Sugar and Sugar Related Industries; • Cement Industry; • Metal and Engineering Industry; • Chemical Industry; • Pharmaceutical Industry; • Agro-Processing Industry;
Rail way Transport----2000kmEnergy :- Hydro power, Geothermal, Wind,Solar/Biodiesel etc…2000MW----8000MW during the GTPperiodWater Supply and Irrigation Development
Greetings From the City Government of Addis Ababa -Ethiopia
•Addis Ababa Diplomatic capital for the African Union, UNECA and Center forother Regional and InternationalOrganizations
• Established in 1887 [125 years ]• Population size about 3 million• Area Coverage 540km2.• Has 10 Sub Cities and 116Woredas/ Districts/.• Altitude ranges 2200 to 3000m asl• Mean Annual Rain fall of 1200mm• Mean Annual Temperature 160C
CITY LEVEL• CITY COUNCIL• EXCUTIVE BODY• JUDICIARY BODY• UNDER THE EXECUTIVE BODY:- - CITY MAYOR - DEPUTY CITY MAYOR - CITY GENERAL MANAGER - SECTORAL BUREAUX
1. Housing Development Program2. Water Supply3. Employment Generation Schemes4. Road Networking program5. Social Services[Education,Health]
1. Textile and Apparel Industry2. Leather and Leather Products Industry3. Food and Food Processing Industries4. Production of Construction Inputs5. Development of Floriculture6. Urban Agriculture7. Hotel and Lodge Services8. Construction Sector9. Real Estate Development10. Development of Higher Learning andResearch Institutions
1.Transparent Investment Policy2. Efficient Service Delivery3. Cheap Labor4. Income Tax Relief5. Bank Credit Facilities6. Accessible Market
Dear Partners These Information are allTrue. Come and See What is there on the Ground. Coming to Addis means Coming to Africa.
HI,ALL OF YOU. I AM HERE FOR YOUR SECURITYI Thank You All For Your Attention