2. WRITTEN LAUNGUAGE Out there on the ocean was a man called Tom. He was sailing across the ocean looking for fish when he saw another man in the water. ” Are you okay?” Tom asked curiously. ” I am okay but my board is busted and i want to get back to land.Can you help me in some sort of way? Please?” the man answered beggingly. ” Yeah sure, were are you going?” ” I am heading for Wyuna Bay, just over there you see.” ” GREAT! So am i, i live there. You can jump on my sail boat and come back with me, but i got to catch some fish for dinner before we go.” ” Oh, that is absolutely fine. I have all day. Oh, and by the way, my name is Sam” The men were out almost all day and only caught 2 fish! They arrived on the beach and met there familys there. ” Are you alright?” they would ask nonstop ” We are fine!” Sam would say. But between you, Tom and Sam, he was scared stiff.
3. Multiplying and dividing by powers of 10 125 x 100 = 12500 63 x 1000 = 63000 5.6 x 10000 = 56000 0.35 x 100 = 35 9 10000 = 0.0009 1.67 x 100 = 167 568 10 = 56.8 56.8 100 = .568 475.2 1000 = .475 8.4 1000 = 0.0004 10
4. PLANET EARTH AND BEYOND List A List B A planet with ’rings’ .1 An orbit .2 The first day of Winter .3 The largest planet .4 Vehicle designed to orbit the earth. 5 The first day of Spring .6 The smallest planet .7 The first day of Summer .8 The first day of Autumn .9 <ul><li>September first. </li></ul><ul><li>Jupiter. </li></ul><ul><li>June first. </li></ul><ul><li>Saturn. </li></ul><ul><li>Pluto. </li></ul><ul><li>March first. </li></ul><ul><li>The path a planet takes. </li></ul><ul><li>Satellite. </li></ul><ul><li>December first. </li></ul>9
5. Challenge MATHS IS FUN M = 3, A = 1, T = 2, H = 4, S = 1, I = 1, F = 4, U = 1, N = 2 List of words I found: Mat, Math, Mats, Nut, Minus, Mass, Miss, Nuts, This, Fist, Fists, Fat, Fats, Fish, Sat, Sit, Sun, Shit, Shun, Hut, Huts, Ham, Hams, Mit, Mits, Nit, Nits, As, A, At, His, Him, Hit, Hits, Human, Humans, Man, Mans, Fuss, Maths, Is, Fun, Mash, Mush, Stun, Stain, Stains, Hiss, fin, fins. 362points 50 words
6. Media Studies Mystery over assault Punishment: If they find Mr Kingi he may be charged with assault. The man who left the car there may be charged with assault as well. A man called Mr Kingi was wanted by the police in connection with an assault that took place last week. The assault had taken place in a house on Cobham Drive that Mr Kingi may have been involved in. The police had put up a tent in the garden of the house and were doing their investigations there. My Kingi’s car was found in Hillcrest and police were doing a close inspection of the car to see what clues they could find in it. They don’t know who left the car there. They are doing their best to solve the crime. They are also asking people if they have heard any news about the body or saw who left the car there. The police are not willing to tell the public about the investigation, because there is so much yet to find out.
New Zealand History <ul><li>The decimal currency was introduced into NZ on the 10 th of July 1967. </li></ul><ul><li>The Lyttelton – Christchurch road tunnel was opened on the 15 th of March 1965. </li></ul><ul><li>Sir Edmund Hillary climbed Mount Everest on the 29 th of May 1953. </li></ul><ul><li>The Benmore hydro-electric power station was opened on the 26 th of January 1962. </li></ul><ul><li>James Cook sighted New Zealand (near Gisborne) on the 7 th of October 1769. </li></ul><ul><li>Peter Snell sets world mile record of 3 minutes and 54.4 seconds on the 27 th of February 1964. </li></ul>6
Language skills <ul><li>Don’t waste your time, hurry up and do it. </li></ul><ul><li>2. I am very happy right now. </li></ul><ul><li>3. Express your self clearly. </li></ul><ul><li>4. Expensive. </li></ul><ul><li>5. I have been very busy lately. </li></ul>5