Celluloid -> Cathode -> Plasma -> LCD 2. Len Lye. A Colour Box , 1937. 4. Cory Arcangel. Panasonic TH42PV60EH PLasma Screen Burn , 2007. 5. webcrash2800 . %SCR2 , May 16, 2009 3. Goto80 and Rosa Menkman. Eastern Fire Swim , 2007. 1. The dominant, continuing search for a noiseless channel has been, and will always be no more than a regrettable, ill-fated dogma.
<ul><li>2. Dispute the operating templates of creative practice. Fight genres and expectations! </li></ul>6. 5VOLTCORE. output screen 172. 2005. (circuitbend computer)
There are three instances when the static notion of transmitting information is interrupted. These interruptions result in noise artifacts: Encoding / decoding (compression), Glitch (other noise) and Feedback 3. Get away from the established action scripts and join the avant-garde of the unknown. Become a nomad of noise artifacts!
7. RyBN performing Monochrome , (Cimatics Festival, Brussels: 28 November 2008) 8. Still from registration of Botborg performance at TransAcoustic, Auckland, New Zealand, December 2005. < http://www.botborg.com/index.php?go=imageslive > 3 May 2009. 9. Beflix. Glitch (12) . 2001-2005, re-colored 2007. Fuji Crystal Archive prints from hi-res digital images < http://www.beflix.com/works/glitch.php?id=121 > 1 May 2009. Exploit compressions, feedback and glitches! Noise artifact in the arts
10. Screenshot of Goto80 and Autoboy. HT Gold. 2008. Videogame for Commodore 64. Challenge actors (artist, tools [hard/software], input and public) and perspectives (genres, interfaces and expectations)! 4. Use the glitch as an exoskeleton of progress.
<ul><li>5. The gospel of glitch art sings about new models implemented by corruption. </li></ul>11. Takeshi Murata. Monster Movie, 2005.
<ul><li>Glitches and filters are inevitably connected. </li></ul>12. Title Credits America’s Next top Model. 2009.
6. The ambiguous contingency of glitch depends on its constantly mutating materiality. 13. Notendo. 2001. Circuitbent Nes Console. 14. no-carrier. GlitchNES. March 2009. 15. Rosa Menkman. Romscape. July 2008. 10. Screenshot of Goto80 and Autoboy. HT Gold. 2008. Videogame for Commodore 64.
7. Glitch artifacts are critical trans-media aesthetics. * Shows a medium in a critical state (ruined, unwanted, not recognized, accidental and horrendous state), a state of hypetrophy. * Criticize the inherent politics of the medium (genre, interface norms and expectations) 16. Libeskind, Daniel. Jewish Museum Berlin (Blitz or Between the Lines). 1989-1999.
17. Menkman, Rosa and Extraboy. Radio Dada, 2008. 8. Translate acousmatic noise and soundscapes into acousmatic video and videoscapes to create conceptual synesthesia.
<ul><li>9. Speak the totalitarian language of disintegration </li></ul><ul><li>Glitchspeak (opposing ‘Newspeak’: Orwell, 1984), is not just a new form, but an exoskeleton of progress, a new generative form. </li></ul>18. Jodi. <$BlogTitle$>. 2006-2007. webpage. Text Text Text Text Text Text
19. Friedrich, Caspar David. The wanderer above the sea of fog. 1818. Oil on canvas, 98 × 74 cm. Hamburg: Kunsthalle. 10. Study what is outside of knowledge: Glitch studies Theory is just what you can get away with!
Rosa Menkman Email: [email_address] Homepage: http://rosa-menkman.blogspot.com 2