BIZ-TECH PRELIMS Brought to you by: Himadri Banerjee
1.Edward Tuftes analysis of _________prepared for briefing NASA officials concerning possible damage to the Space Shuttle Columbia during its final launch. Tufte argues that the ______, prepared by the Boeing Corporation, had the effect of oversimplifying the situation, and provided false assurance that the ultimately fatal damage to the shuttle was only minimal.• What was he talking about?
3. There were a large number of bats living under the roof of the factory, it was decided that it was appropriate to also show the bats on the brand. Its worth mentioning that fruit bats are a symbol of good luck in Cuba.• Which brand?
5.The significance of Xs contributions to the Y design remains controversial. The book "50 Years of the Y-X" limits Xs contributions to two: advice on the trapeze tailpiece, and a preference for color (stating that X preferred gold as "it looks expensive", and a second choice of black because "it makes your fingers appear to move faster on the box", and "looks classy")
7.The old logo was a bright red cube. The word _____ was made to appear dominant on the logo. The font used for _____ is called SLURRY- The font looks as though the letters have congealed or coagulated out of liquid.• In the new logo the bright red cube was replaced with a ‘Dialogue box’. The logo of what is being described here?
18.X was first announced on 16 August 1993 by Ian Murdock. The name X was formed as a combination of the first name of his then- girlfriend Debra Lynn and his own first name.• X?
1. top tape extension2. top stop3. slider4. pull tab5. tape6. chain width7. bottom stop8. bottom tape extension9. single tape width10. insertion pin11. retainer box12. reinforcement film19.These are the components of what?(Japan makes 90% of these)
20.It has a square shape: there are apparently eight possible ways to insert it, only one of which is correct. What happens if I do it wrong? I try inserting it sideways. Ah, the designer thought of that. A little study shows that the case really isnt square: its rectangular, so you cant insert a longer side. I try backward. It goes in only part of the way. Small protrusions, indentations, and cutouts, prevent it from being inserted backward or upside down: of the eight ways one might try to insert it, only one is correct, and only that one will fit. An excellent design.• What am I talking about?!• Think Clean!
21. French Connection began branding their clothes ______. Reportedly, they first discovered the acronym ________when a fax was sent from their Hong Kong store.• French Connection exploited the controversy of the name, producing an extremely popular range of t-shirts with messages such as "hot as ______", "mile high _____", "too busy to ______", “lucky _____ ,”_____ on the beach", "Cool as _____", etc. FTB.
24. This retail store started in 1991 in Mumbai.• Since then it has opened 47 stores across India and has been awarded "the Hall of Fame" and won "the Emerging Market Retailer of the Year Award", by World Retail Congress at Barcelona, in 2008.• Which retail store?
25. What is "David and Jerrys Guide to the World Wide Web“ now famously known as?
26. This is a term coined by Rohit Bhargava, a senior vice president at Ogilvy, for the practice of brands using social media to create an affinity with customers who share the same sentiments with friends.• Which term?
27. Sun Danyong, a 25-year-old male, committed suicide in July 2009 after reporting the loss of an iPhone 4 prototype in his possession.• Which company did he work for ?(This company makes the major components of the iPhone and the iPad)
28. It was founded by Peter Morton and Isaac Tigrett in 1971, in London, England.• Their motto “love all , serve all” is based on Sathya Sai baba’s philosophy.• What?