Rulesu…• Write answers in the white sheet given to you.• ‘Sharing is caring’ rule not applicable in my quizzes• Only brains to be used for answering questions. Cellphones for everything else.• 22+1 questions. ( No. Not homo’s logic.)• No negatives. Aaramagi Guess maadi.• Kwigging is fun. Lets have it.
1. Which ‘Esteemed’ Institution?!• Established in 1946• Logo consists of a bridge, lightning and a gear.• Has an ancient community in it. :P
3. History of which fair?!• In the past, this area was surrounded by places like Guttahalli, Mavalli,Dasarahalli and other places where _______ was cultivated. On every full moon day a bull would charge into the fields and damage the crop. The farmers then offered prayers to Basava (Nandi) to stop this and pledged to offer their first crop.• Subsequently, an Idol of Basava was found close by. It has been said that, the Idol was growing rapidly, and the farmers nailed an iron peg on the head of the idol, which is visible in the form of a trishula even to this date.• Ever since, the farmers from surrounding villages come here every year and offer their annual harvest of _______ as offering to Lord Basava. This is accompanied by the annual fair, which is known as the________ fair.
5. FITB• ____ _____ was started in the year 1945 by Our founder Late Sri Bishamber Dayal Gupta in the temple city Madurai (Tamilnadu) with support our beloved mother Sri shanty devi Bangalore the city blooms lovingly welcomed us, when we opened our first outlet at heart of the city Majestic area in 1973• Very soon the Bangalore came under our Lip-Smacking Sweet Spell through the irresistible Quality tempting flavor and the alluri of our Sweets and Savories.• It’s no wonder that our outlets are now the landmarks in Balepet, Shopping Complex – Jayanagar, M.G.Road, miller ‘s Road – Vasnthanagar, DVG Road – Basavanagudi, Bangalore Club, and Quality, hygienic and Machinised preparation unit at the Asia’s Biggest Industrial Area, Peenya.
7. What?!• "Some call it a temple. Some chose to call it the abode of saints who heal. To some, its a last chance of survival. But to no one, is this just a hospital. In its genre, __________ ________may well be one of the biggest hospitals in the world, but the fact that it?s one of the biggest hospitals, with a heart, is becoming legendary. The rich come here for the worlds best heart care. The poor come here for the worlds kindest care, for no one here is turned away for lack of funds. This was the vision of Dr. _______ ______, who believed that no child should be deprived of the best healthcare, because the parents cannot afford it. Caring with Compassion, this worlds largest heart hospital for children, is set to be transformed into the worlds biggest health city, with all super-specialities that the medical world offers. “
9. Where?!• It has four floors above and one floor below ground level and sprawls across an area of 700 by 350 feet. It is the largest building of its kind in India. Its eastern face has a porch with 12 granite columns, 40 feet tall. Leading to the foyer is a flight of stairs with 45 steps, more than 200 feet wide. The central dome, 60 feet in diameter, is crowned by a likeness of the Indian national emblem. The front of the building is inscribed with the words ___________s Work is Gods Work.
11. Where?!• On the 27th April, 1882, His Highness, Chamaraja Wodeyar, the Maharaja of Mysore, granted 3,900 acres (16 km2) of land to the Eurasian and Anglo- Indian Association, Mysore and Coorg (E&AI) for the establishment of agricultural Settlements.. Mr. David Emmanuel Starkenburgh _____, the then President of the E & AI Association, South India Ltd., also took a lively interest in it and helped in its advancement. It is also renowned for Sathya Sai Babas ashram called Brindavan and as a haven for a number of multinational information technology companies.
13. Who?!• 150 countries. 10 million followers. 1000 centers - The fastest growing spiritual community around the youngest living enlightened master• Most watched spiritual teacher on YouTube today - Over 2000 hours of discourses on topics ranging from life solutions to enlightenment, with viewers from 150 countries• Pioneering a Vedic Renaissance - Over 30 Vedic temples where ancient Vedic rituals, deities and festivals are experienced by thousands everyday• Cutting edge research in Yogic sciences - such as Kundalini Awakening, teleportation, levitation... Using modern neuro-psychology, medicine and quantum physics
14. What is being talked about?!• It was designed by Jayanth Jain and Mahendra Kumar, takes its shape from rangoli art gracing front yards which represents the citys distant past.• "Rangoli has been an intrinsic part of the citys culture. With the explosion in vehicle population, it faced the prospect of being lost forever. We wanted to revive this traditional art while depicting the seamless, continuous connectivity of the _____ covering all parts of the city, and it became the inspiration"
15. These are the only two field marshalsof India. What distinct Bangaloreconnection do they hold?!
• Manekshaw parade ground• Carippa memorial park
16. Which prolific Bangalore thinker was spoofed in this scene?!
17. To whom?!• A projector was supplied to Bangalore City Corporation in 1992 by M/s. Carl-Zeiss, Jena, Germany. This projector can project the night sky as seen with naked-eye on a 15.0 mtrs diameter dome.
19. Which company?!• _______ designs and manufactures analog technologies, digital signal processing (DSP) and microcontroller (MCU) semiconductors.• ______ is a leader in semiconductor solutions for analog and digital embedded and applications processing.• _____ is responsible for the title silicon valley to Bangalore.
21. FITB• Their chief occupations were studying the Vedas, Priesthood, Music, being Agriculture Consultants and Zameendars.• Poverty and land reforms forced them to learn baking techniques from Kerala and establish the Bakery business in Leading Cities in South India. _______ Bakeries are known for quality, hygiene and non usage of saturated animal fat in their products.• Thus, they were popular in recent times as the "Bakery _________" as they pionereed the Bakery Industry in South India.• Mysore _______ are Strict Vegetarians who do not consume onion and garlic.