2. This company was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were students at Stanford University and the company was first incorporated as a privately held company on September 4, 1998. The unofficial company slogan is " Don't be evil " . The name of this company originated from a common misspelling of the word ,which refers to 10 100 , the number represented by a 1 followed by one hundred zeros.
3. This company was established on April 1, 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne. They were hand-built by Wozniak and first shown to the public at the Homebrew Computer Club. This company’s first logo, designed by Jobs and Wayne, depicts Sir Isaac Newton sitting under an apple tree. Almost immediately, though, this was replaced by Rob Janoff’s “rainbow _______”. Identify the company.
4. ______________ is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets. It began in a "daylong brainstorming session" that was held by board members of the podcasting company Odeo in an attempt to break out of a creative slump. At that meeting Jack Dorsey introduced the idea of an individual using an SMS service to communicate with a small group, a concept partly inspired by the SMS group messaging service TXTMob. It is ranked as one of the 50 most popular websites worldwide by Alexa's web traffic analysis. Meaning “chirps from birds”.
5. This is a multinational information technology services company headquartered in Bangalore, India. It was founded on July 2, 1981 in Pune by N. R. Narayana Murthy and six others: Nandan Nilekani, N. S. Raghavan, Kris Gopalakrishnan, S. D. Shibulal, K. Dinesh and Ashok Arora, with Raghavan officially being the first employee of the company. Murthy started the company by borrowing INR 10,000 from his wife Sudha Murthy. Identify.
7. This is the shuttle bus at Honolulu airport . Its name inspired the name of a website technology , from which an important concept in web 2.0 derives. Which technology/concept ?
8. What term comes from the combination of the term blog and the term referred to in question 7 ?
9. What device’s name comes from an abbrevation of ‘modulator and demodulator’ ?
10. This product was developed under the name ‘Presenter’ for the company Forethought which was later acquired by Microsoft. Which product ?
The One Laptop Per Child Association, Inc. (OLPC) is a U.S. non-profit organization set up to oversee the creation of an affordable educational device for use in the developing world. Its mission is "To create educational opportunities for the world's poorest children by providing each child with a rugged, low-cost, low-power, connected laptop with content and software designed for collaborative, joyful, self-empowered learning." Answers 1.