Rules• Total 20 questions• Time : 15 mins• Venue : quizzcongoz.blogspot.in• Starred questions will resolve the tie
1.(2pts)This painting is anexample of amovement whichbridged theRomanticmovement withthe BarbizonSchool andthe Impressionists.Id the painter andthe movement??
• Co founded the Penguin2.(1 pt) Books and also created theId him>>>> Sainik schools. He is considered as the prime architect of Third Bloc policy. He was described as the 2nd most powerful man after Nehru by Time magazine
3.(2pts)88 searchlights placednext to the site of aworld famous tragicalbuilding to create twovertical columns of lightin remembrance ofthe its demolition.Id the building.Name this installation?
• After the release and4.(1pt) success of their first album in Feb,1994, this US rock band was threatened with legal action by an Irish pop band of same name. So in order to avoid that they included 3 numbers after the band name. • Name the band?
• "Shoot all the blue jays5.(2pts) you want, but it is a sin toComplete the quote ____ _ ________"Who is the speakerin this case????
• These are believed to have7.(1pt) been brought here by the first foreign visitors to theWhat are we Malabar coast, the late 14thtalking about>>>> century traders from the Chinese ruler Kublai Khan’s court. It involves a cantileverd mechanism. • These are the tourist attractions of Kochi and was there in front of Cochin Intl airport during its early years
• ________is a criticism of slide-based presentations8.(1pt) referring to a state of boredom and fatigue induced by information overload during presentations such as those created by the Microsoft application PowerPoint. The phrase was first coined by Angela R. Garber
9.(1pt)A. CEO of________B. Founder of ___________
• This word was coined in11.(1pt) 1952 by Major ChristianId the word >>>>> Lambertsen who served in the U.S. Army Medical Corps from 1944 to 1946 as a physician. It is used in connection with underwater diving with breathing equipment. It is actually an acronym.
• The evolution of this was12.(1pt) believed to be from theWhat are we talking colour of the eventabout ??? organizing newspaper after the journalists had asked the event director, Henri Desgrange, to make it easier for them to find the leader in the peloton.
• Founding member of the Communist Party of India.15.(1pt) • Founder of Socialist the firstId >>>>>>>>> socialist weekly in India • Played an important role in the formation of Maharashtra. • Remained the Chairman of the CPI till 1978, was removed in that year because the majority of party workers were against his political line of supporting Indian National Congress & Indira Gandhi. • Was in news recently in Kerala
• This place got its name from the name of the16.(1pt) cottage of Pravarsena IIId>>>>> who was the founder ofA question from Srinagar. It was on thethe FB page of banks of Dal lake.Quizz Congoz Centuries later, a Mughal emperor built his famous gardens at this site with the same name which is a Sanskrit word meaning “Abode of Love”
• only Asian Footballer ever to be named among the 1017.(1pt) best Captains in the worldId him by the English FA in 1953 • part of the Indian Football Team for the 1948 London Olympics • Captained Indian team which Gold Medal in the 1951 Asian Games and also won the Quandrangular Tournament for four consecutive years from 1952 to 1956
• He was referred to as X the Great18.(1pt) • His successors and laterId X Egyptians called him the "Great Ancestor." • He is also known as Ozymandias in the Greek sources • in the 30th year of his reign X celebrated a jubilee called the Sed festival, during which the king was ritually transformed into a god
• The name of which mughal19(1pt) ruler’s wife’s means “lightAn easy one of the world”
20(1pt)An easy one toendId the game..Positions areshown here