• Moodle is an online virtual learning environment that is
free. It was designed to support a social constructionist
framework of education and was produced for internet-
based courses and web sites.
• The acronym “moodle” stands for “modular Object-
Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment which is user
friendly and adaptable for all levels.
• Language of the site can be changed for
whatever school / country that is utilizing the
• Easy to manage
• Demos provide a way to sample courses for
teachers, students or admin. If something gets
messed up it can be reset every hour.
• Must enroll into each class in order to
participate in some of the parts of the site
• Time consuming to learn about each area of the
• Online Communities: the moodle database can
share documents that people post from all over
• Classes: courses that are over flowing with
material and have a hard time being covered
within class can be distributed through
documents, forums and sites.
• Include technological applications:
▫ Pod/web casts