Be the first to like this
A Houston custom patio enclosure is a great place to spend time. The enclosure allows you to be inside, protected from the elements while still being able to enjoy the outdoors. If you are considering adding a patio enclosure to your home or already have an existing one, there are a few energy saving ideas that can save you money and reduce the energy used while using your sunroom:
• When a patio enclosure Houston contractor builds a sunroom a great deal of glass and windows are involved. When heat builds up in a sunroom that heat can be used in an adjoining room. This distribution of heat can be achieved with the addition of ceiling fans that push warm air into the house.
• If you reside in an area with sunlight a large portion of the year, solar panels can be installed and used as a way to harvest energy from the sun and use that energy to help heat or cool the space as well as any other space in your home.
• When trying to cool the sunroom a little more is involved. Windows naturally capture light and with it, heat. Solar tinted glass or gas-filled glass will help insulate the space from the heat of the sun. New technology, called low-e glass can prevent your windows from turning into a furnace on hot summer days.
• Installing the proper R-factor insulation based on the climate you live in the ceiling, walls, and floor of the sunroom will help with energy savings. The goal is to keep either the warm or cool air in and not let it leak out.
• Weather-stripping all of the window and door openings will help seal the room. This is a simple step that is typically overlooked or completely forgotten about.
• Blinds, shades, and shutters can help to block the direct sunlight and keep the sunroom cooler.
• Using an exhaust fan built into the highest point of the ceiling can vent out hot air, during the hottest part of the day.
Houston custom patio enclosure contractors can help you with these and more energy saving ideas. They will be able to have them installed in an appropriate time frame, so you will be able to enjoy your room year round with the peace of mind that you are relaxing and saving energy all at the same time. Who could ask for more?
For more information Call Ron Brown @ http://www.precisionglasshouston.com/houston-sunrooms-patios.htm
Precision Glass & Mirror Co.
1315 Iowa St. Houston, TX 77587