A Good Product
Marketing Sales Attract talents …
is foundation of the company success
Why and when we need to build a MVP?
• Because all we have when stared is an idea with a lot
• Build MVP to validate your assumptions.
• You don’t want to waste your time and money.
• Build product customers want faster.
• Excite your team with small wins.
• Ideal time for a MVP?
• 1 day ~ 1 week … don’t take more than 1 month.
What make startup delay on the MVP?
• Question: What technology to use?
• Should we use the trendy AngularJS or the plain old
PHP? Aged Mysql or Highly Scaleable MongoDB?
• Answer: What you already know best… you can always
change later, and you gonna change it anyway.
• Question: User need these features, we have to build them
• Answer: Keep only features that can be built within a
Customers don’t care about your solution. They
care about their problems.
—Dave McClure, 500 Startups
Building MVP - the Beeketing way
1.Identify right problem
2.Proposal solution (Build P/S canvas)
3.Mock up, flow (Review all tasks, build wireframe for
5.Code / Design
Pick 1 or more assumptions then test in 2 weeks
Mock up, flow, Schedule, Code / Design, QA, Deploy
What’s next after deployed?
1.Get users to your product daily / weekly to measure
1.Google, Facebook Ads
4.Many more if you read “traction” book
2.Integrate with more focus analytics system (not
7. Measure churn / retention
Gross MRR Churn
= Churned MRR / Beginning of Period MRR
1.Split churn group to many segments as you grow
2.By user group (Hanoi, Saigon user)
2.Focus more into churn than growth if it cost you a lot
to grow and vice versa.
7. Find the reason why user churn
1.Call / meet / interview user
2.Use Mixpanel explore to find what churn user group
have in common
1.List all churned users
2.View their parameters, behaviors with Mixpanel
3.Fix this in next sprint
1. Identify the right problems
1.OMTM: One metric that matter - MRR, Churn rate
2.Set goal for that metric
e.g.: Grow MRR 50% m.o.m (month over month)
3.Find the real issue if we didn’t reach goal
1.If revenue grow slower than our goal
2.Found that churn rate lead to growth rate get slower
1.~> Fix churn rate
4.Plan tasks for next sprint to fix that issue
5.Then repeat this process for next sprint
Pick 1 or more metrics then improve in 2 weeks
Product team structure to run fast
1.Try to automate everything
1.Build new version with Jenkins instead of FTP, Git
pull so you can update your product many times
2.Use test frameworks like Selenium IDE to
1.No trendy micro-service when you just started
2.Recommended tools: Trello, Slack
3.Use Feature Switch (Learnt from Zalora, Spotify)
1.Add If … Else statement to ALL new features
2.Admin backend dashboard to easily turn this feature
off if it breaks something