Be the first to like this
PUSHTI MARG RULES
1. The name of our sect is Pushti Marg.
2. The \'principal guru\' of every vaishnav is Srimad Vallabhacharya Mahaprabhuji
3. Every descendent of Sri Mahaprabhuji is \'guru-dwar\', meaning they symbolise \'Him\' as Guru.
4. The Goswami from whom we have taken \'Brahm Sambandh\' initiation is our guru.
5. Although brahm sambandh initiation may have been taken from any particular Goswami, still every descendent of Shri Mahaprabhuji should, in every way, be given equal regards and should be worshiped as guru by vaishnav.
6. \'Nam Nivedan\' is said to have been done, when the guru pronounces the \'ashtakshar mantra\' three times and is it repeated three times by the person taking the initiation and then he makes him to wear a tulsi mala which should be worn at all times.
7. \'Brahm Sambndh\' or \'Atma Nivedan\' is given when one bathes in \'apares\' and with Tulsi in hands pronounces \'Gadya Mantra\', as would be told by Guru in front of Shri Thakurji. Then, tulsi leaves are offered to Prabhu\'s lotus feet.
8. In Pusti Marg only male Goswami descendents of Srimad Vallabhacharya are qualified to give ashtakshar mantra and Brahm Sambandh initiation. In pustimarg, traditional seat of Guru is not passed on to disciples and therefore, initiation should be taken only from a descendent male Goswami.
9. Many people, mistakenly refer to fasting as \'apvas\' but the correct word is \'upvas\' Apvas means to reside in hell and \'upvas\' means to reside near God. Hence The correct word \'upvas\' should be used.
10. After taking Ashtakshar Mantra and Brahm Sambandh initiation, a vaishnav should greet each vaishnav by saying \'JAI SHRI KRISHNA\'.
11. In writing a letter to a vaishnav, one should use the greeting \'Jai Shri Krishna\'. Even if the vaishnav is our relative and older than us, \'Jai Shri Krishna\' is to be used in conversation.
12. It is not the tradition to greet a Goswami with \'Jai Shri Krishna\'. The reason is that a sevak does not have the worthiness to convey Bhagavad remembrance to the Guru. Through the grace of the guru, the sevak has obtained Bhagavad remembrance. In meeting a Goswami, one should say \'dandvat\'. In writing a letter \'sashtang dandvat pranam\' should be written and on the phone my \'sashtang dandvat pranam\' should be spoken to be followed by any other matters.
13. Panchang dandvat is done before Thakurji and sashtang dandvat is done before gurudev.
14. Females do not do sashtang dandvat.
15. Before going to one\'s guru or any Goswami, one should first say \'dandvat\' and then do pranam. After this, one should ask \'May I take charan sparsh?\'. After receiving permission, one should touch both feet with the right hand and then with that hand one touches one\'s own both eyes, forehead and heart.
16. In seva or in any work being done for a goswami that does not require two hands, one should use only the right hand and not the left hand. Accordingly, touching of the feet is done with the right hand only.
17. Thakurji\'s and gurudev\'s touching of the feet is done in the following manner. Place the left hand under the right forearm and then with the right palm in the upwards position, very softly touch the left charan (foot), then the right, then again the left.
18. One should not sit before the guru with crossed arms. One should not sit with feet extended towards guru and also should not sit with his back behind him. One should not touch the guru\'s cushion or cloth spread beneath him. The feet should not be kept in an upwards position or in any other undisciplined manner. One should sit with crossed legs in a well mannered way and with humbleness.
19. One should be careful at all times that one\'s feet should never touch the guru\'s cushion, pillow, clothing, the bed spread or any of his things.
20. When the guru is sitting at a higher level, one should not sit at the same level but should sit at a lower level. If the guru is sittin