Fire Us Virus
Purva Kini 3038
Anita Kundhadiya 3044
Sharad Iyer 3021
• A Utah student is taking the world's preconceived notions of
traditional violin music, and giving it a substantial make-over.
• In just one year, the self-proclaimed 'hip-hop violinist', Lindsey
Stirling, has gone from a virtually unknown America's Got Talent
contestant to a self made YouTube star, accumulating over
110million views on her dozen original songs.
• The 25-year-old's dub-step video, Crystallize, has received more
than 66 million views, becoming the most-watched video in
YouTube’s music category, and in just six days, her most recent
video has seen more than 700,000 views.
• Violin violet: In just one year, Lindsey Stirling has gone from a
virtually unknown America's Got Talent contestant to a self made
• Despite making the quarterfinals of the widely reached and
successful show America's Got Talent in 2010, she says her success
remained unchanged until she turned to YouTube a year later.
About Lindsey Stirling
• Born on September 21, 1986 is an
American violinist, dancer, performance artist, and composer
Stirling was a quarter-finalist on the fifth season of America's Got Talent
• Stirling has experimented in combining violin playing with hip hop and
• Her violin and pop culture mix is not the only thing that sets Stirling
apart. Her uplifting music has contributed to her success.
• With an ability to show the world exactly what can be brought from an
otherwise simply thought out instrument as the Violin, to an almost
haunting, and yet invigorating melody that takes you away to locations
far deep inside your mind, Lindsey has without a doubt created that
Reach on Social Sites
• YouTube- 66,087,740 views & 2,733,042 subscribers.
• Facebook- 1,148,474 likes · 120,730 talking about this.
• Twitter- 2,295 Tweets 177,937 Followers.
Her self-titled album, released in September, is the No. 1 electronic
album on iTunes and No. 51 on iTunes' albums chart.
• Now, her YouTube channel, LINDSEYSTOMP, has more than 2,734,037
subscribers, with millions of viewers going online to watch her leap and
pirouette as she aggressively plays the violin in breathtaking settings
from New Zealand to Africa.
• Uploaded on February 2012.
• Ranked no.8th on YouTube among 11 most popular videos in 2012.
• Lindsey certainly doesn’t bare down too hard on the actions of Violin
“Play and Dance”, though there are clear indications that Lindsey’s
presence upon the music scene has awoken an influential flavouring that
will become a favourite among all music lovers everywhere.
• Scintillating music played by Lindsey Stirling.
• Name of the Video- Crystallize
• Use of the Ice Castle which looks like a crystal in the video.
• A chilling experience: Crystallize, Stirling's biggest hit on her
popular YouTube channel, which has garnered more than 60
million views, features sweeping shots of the violinist gracefully
dancing while playing her instrument in the midst of an ethereal
ice castle sculpture in Silverthorne, Colo.
• Lindsey Stirling went viral on YouTube with her modern updates to the
violin and hip-hop themes.
• YouTube released the top 11 most popular videos of 2012, and listed in
the eighth place behind Psy and Carly Raye Jeppson is LDS (Latter-day
Saints.) performer Lindsey Stirling with her Dubstep Violin video,
• Since then Stirling has done several other videos, including her most
recent take on the classic Christmas carol, "What Child is This?"
• Outside the box: Electronic. Rock 'n' roll. High-energy. Fistpumping. These are probably not the first things that come
to mind when someone mentions a violin concert. "It's not
what most people expect ... when they buy tickets for a
• The start of something good
• The ability to have the listener contained comfortably within
each melodic track is a sure bet in itself.
• The crowd alone buzz from one another, as each sensual
nerve ending call out for the enchanting and paradoxical
sound that will take their very senses into the unbound
• Gaming girl: Because of her covers of video-game music,
including songs from Skyrim, The Legend of
Zelda and Assassin's Creed, with videos to match, Stirling has
found herself with a large following of gamers.
• "Gaming fans are super-loyal, and so I feel very lucky that
they've latched on to what I do.” Lindsey Stirling
• Lindsey’s actions, energy and overall performance while on
any stage, in any state, and in any city, is one which will
show you exactly how this “Chick” can rock an audience.
With the foremost thought of exchanging music for
heightened senses to the thousands in the crowd, we are
continuously reminded that this…This is Lindsey Stirling’s
time to Shine, and Shine she does…Rock On Lindsey.
It's seriously epic stuff.
• A lot of people have told me along the way that my style
and the music I do . . . is unmarketable. But the only
reason I’m successful is because I have stayed true to
• THANK YOU…