ICT in Healthcare
Case Study 1: MRMBS – Tamilnadu Government Project to
provide healthcare for pregnant women
• MRMBS Scheme details: Cash assistance given in three
installments (Rs.4000) on conditional release and
restricted for first two deliveries only.
• The pregnant mother should be of age 19 years and
• The pregnant woman should be in the Below Poverty
Line (BPL) group.
Forms filled by PHC (Primary Health Care Centre workers)
Completion of online entry by field health staffs is compulsory
Case Study 2: CycleTel – Family planning through SMS
A startup initiative of Institute of Reproductive Health,
Objective: transforming family planning through mobile phones.
Using ‘Standard Days Method’ of family planning
• 800 women in India to test, provide feedback and help build
the CycleTel system.
• It is now a patent-pending technology ready for market-roll
Case Study 3: Practo - A Startup which helps find
doctors near a locality.