Fishing sector

208 views

Published on

Published in: Business, Technology
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
208
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
3
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
5
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Fishing sector

  1. 1. FISHING SECTOREnrique Moreno-Torres García-Torres
  2. 2. Main countries for the fishing sector:• Spain• Greece• France• Italy• United Kingdom
  3. 3. Spain• Spain is a country eminently maritime has a long shelf that runs along the entire periphery of the Spanish coast. This platform, though narrow, since the slope is just a short distance from land, is very rich in fish.• The exploitation of these marine resources has a great tradition in Spain. Already in the Middle Ages and the early modern trading sardines, salted cod and anchovies, pickled so nice. networks established connection between Galician ports, Cantabrian, or lift, and inner cities.
  4. 4. Spain• The Treaty on European Union states that fishing is one of the common policies and that, therefore, the Union has exclusive competence in the field. The Autonomous Communities have jurisdiction over fishing that takes place in inland waters, shellfish and aquaculture, and in the management of fisheries and marketing of fishery products, developing and implementing the unified framework. This framework is determined by Law 3/2001 of March 26, Sea Fisheries Act of the State.
  5. 5. Greece• When fishermen can combine your favorite sport with good tourist offer, the benefits are mutual. This is understood in many parts of Greece, especially in the Lesbos Prefecture applying the most modern concepts of fisheries and tourism, and share them with other Greek cities and islands, and that the introduction of fishing tourism is an innovative concept for coastal areas. So you can estaros looking for some cheap flights to Athens, and Come with this new proposal by Greece ...
  6. 6. Greece• The importance of fishing tourism is twofold: on the one hand allows for appropriate protection and management of the aquatic environment and the other generates additional revenue for fishermen, encouraging the improvement of their skills and competencies. Among the objectives of promoting fishing tourism in Greece, traditional fishermen have a leading role, and include the recovery of nature, culture and human environment, and the introduction of a new and diversified tourism product offering.
  7. 7. France• France is the third largest producer of seafood in the European Union, under Spain and the United Kingdom. In 2008, total fish production was 707,000 tonnes French. Of these, 65% (463,000 tons) are catches, and the remaining 35% (244,000 tons) to aquaculture production.• By product type, accounts for the largest fish production 439,000 tons (62% of total volume), followed by mollusks with 234,000 tons (33%). Third, there are the cephalopods with 19,000 tons (3%), and finally, with 16,000 tons crustaceans (2%).
  8. 8. France• In monetary terms, the value of production is estimated at 1,700 million euros. A breakdown of this figure by production method, it is observed that the catch represented 66% of the total value (1,120 million euros), aquaculture and the remaining 34% (580 million euros). By product type, fish accounted for 62% (1,060 million euros) of the total, followed by mollusks (29% / 490 million euros), crustaceans (5% / 90 million euros) and cephalopods (4% / 60 million).
  9. 9. Italy• Italy is the sixth largest producer of seafood in the European Union, under Spain, UK, France, Denmark and the Netherlands. In 2009, total fish production of 475,000 tons was Italian. Of these, 51% (242,000 tons) are catches, and the remaining 49% (232,000 tons) to aquaculture production.• In monetary terms, the value of production is estimated at 1,803 million euros. A breakdown of this figure by production method, it is observed that catches accounted for 67% (1.202 million euros) of the total, aquaculture and the remaining 33% (601 million euros).
  10. 10. Italy• From 2008 to 2009, Italian seafood production increased 5.3% in value and 2.2% in volume. Although these are positive results in the medium term production has been decreasing. Between 2004 and 2009, the Italian production reflected an average annual growth rate of -2.1% in value and 2.4% by volume.• By method of production, fisheries and aquaculture show opposite behaviors. On one hand, the volume of fish has been falling annually at a rate of -5.9% over the past five years, while aquaculture grew by 2% annually over the same period.
  11. 11. United kingdom• According to FAO statistics, the UK is the second largest producer of seafood in the European Union, Spain below. In 2007, total fish production was 789,000 tons British, accounting for 13% share of the European total.• Of the total production, 78% (616,000 tons) of volume related to fishing, and the remaining 22% (174,000 tons) to aquaculture.• In value terms, the income of fish production totaled 717 million euros, and the aquaculture industry of 744 million euros. This brings the total value of 1,461 British production was million.
  12. 12. United kingdom• In structural terms, the UK has 6,500 vessels and 432 aquaculture businesses. The number of fishing vessels has been reduced by 17% compared to 2000.• Overall, the sector employs a total of 25,000 people. Of these, 7,000 (28%) were fishing, 3,000 (12%) to aquaculture, and 15,000 (60%) to the seafood processing industry. The fisheries sector in the UK owns 0.11% of total employment in the country.
  13. 13. Photos

×