What is a TAPA or PINCHO?
A Tapa is a small portion of Spanish food.
Small pieces of bread with ham, salami and cheese
are often a part of a tapas menu, as are
mushrooms, meatballs and shrimp.
A Pincho is similar to a tapa but it´s more
sophisticated and it uses the region´s products.
WHAT´S THE MEANING OF THE EXPRESSION
“GOING OUT FOR PINCHOS”?
It means going out to eat and drink
something before a meal. Sometimes you can
eat a variety of different pinchos until you
feel you have eaten enough. Most bars in
Spain, have a wide range of pinchos and tapas.
Spanish Omelet Recipe
6-7 medium potatoes
1 yellow onion
5-6 large eggs
* 2-3 cups of olive oil for frying
• Cut the peeled potatoes.
• Peel and chop the onion.
• Put the potatoes and onions into a bowl and mix them
together. Salt the mixture.
• Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the potatoes and
• Crack the eggs,and beat them.
• Pour them into the potato onion mixture and cook.
Enjoy this delitious Spanish omelet!!
“ BRAVAS “ Potatoes Recipe
• 4 potatoes
• olive oil for frying
• tomato sauce
• Peel the potatoes.
• Cut the potatoes into
• Pour olive oil in a pan and
fry the potatoes.
• Pour tomato sauce into
the pan and heat it for
• Place the potatoes on a
plate and add the