PLNOG16: IP/MPLS for Fixed and Mobile Convergence, Kevin Wang
Fixed and Mobile Convergence
Transport Network Evolution
IP/MPLS Target Applications
• iTN8800 IP/MPLS Platform
• iTN201-R Series IP/MPLS CPE
• RAX711-R Series IP/MPLS CPE
• Network Management & Service Provisioning
iTN8800 Platform Differentiator
Reduced TCO combined with
Utilities & Transportation
Robust growth towards
Government & Enterprises
communication for NG
Service Oriented Solution Provider
• Establish in 1999 and achieved with a 370+ M.USD annual sales revenue with endeavors
of 2,200+ employees
• Aiming at offering the best connectivity solutions for service providers, utilities and
transportation, government and enterprises
• Business with over 150 sales partners in 80+ countries
Raisecom IP/MPLS Positioning
• Raisecom MPLSseries focusonAccess and AGG layers,where iTN8800 and CPEs can be deployed in both
business and MBH applications.
• The iTN8800 can be pre-aggregator or aggregator, depends on the customer network.
• Building Aggregation Ring
• Converge customer service
• Schedule and forward based on
MPLS or Carrier Ethernet
• Legacy TDM network
compatible with CES
• High scalability with IP MPLS &
Core Network or
End to end OAM/SLA
End to end Protection
End to end service configuration
I am looking for a CPE L2/L3
with MPLS and also AGG to
complete the solution.
Sure, we can offer Access and
AGG solution IP/MPLS based
• iTN8800 supply rich service access methods with various CPE devices.
IP MPLS Network
• End-to-end service using MPLS
• Greatly reduced Opex using IP
• Various CPE devices with various
• Cost effective
• End-to-End protection for Service
connection base BFD/OAM
• SLA/Measurement monitor based
on PW EFP, totally same to
• Both MPLS-TP and IP MPLS stack
• Uniform manage with all
Raisecom’s service, including
Business Service Access
• Customer’s services is totally isolated and fixed by
pipe concepts based on MPLS LSP and pseudo wire.
• The end-customer’s service occupy a SDH-like high
bandwidth L2VPN pipe exclusively.
• Get free and flexible bandwidth tunnel for end-
• End-to-End service create and path protection
or service protection on Nview.
• End-to-End service SLA monitor and report
MPLS-TPCC/LB/LT/LM/DM for LSP
MPLS-TPCC/LB/LT/LM/DM for PW, Y.1731/RFC2544/Y.1564 over PW EFP
• MPLS-TP supply a SDH-Like L2VPN service for the end-customer.
MPLS P MPLS P
MPLS PMPLS P MPLS
Transmission – MPLS-TP L2VPN
• Router Protocol help to build a native self-healing
• Easy to supply and monitor L2VPN service, reduce
the OpEx with MPLS dynamical protocols.
• Easy to supply and plan complex multi-point to
multi-point service based on IP layer.
• Cost effective CPE devices push the MPLS
VPN to the last-mile.
• Multi layer of protection and monitor
help to ensure end-customer’s service.
BFD for LSP, LSP Ping/traceroute, LM/DM for LSP
L2VPN: BFD for PW, PW Ping/Traceroute, LM/DM for PW, Y.1731/RFC2544/Y.1564 over PW EFP
MPLS P MPLS P
MPLS PMPLS P MPLS
Service Dynamic Created
L3VPN: BFD for IP, L3VPN Ping/Traceroute, IP SLA
Transmission – IP/MPLS L2VPN/L3VPN
• Carrier Ethernet service converge and forward in ITU-T G.8032 Ring
• Support up to 32 rings or sub-rings sharing the
same physical port. Up to 16 ring nodes reside on
one physical port
• TDMoP features can help latency service into
Carrier Ethernet and into the G.8032 Ring.
• Build multiply 10GE rings for converge and schedule
• Cooperate with iTN2100/iTN200/RAX700 series to
access both TDM and Ethernet services into same
• Multi-services cross the Ethernet network and SDH
network based on TDMoPtechnologies.
• End-to-End OAM/SLA monitor and report.
Transmission – Carrier Ethernet
• iTN201-R/RAX711-R as the legacy migration CPE device in IP/MPLS network
• iTN8800 as the legacy migration POP device or pre-aggregator in IP/MPLS network
• Cope with the aging of the legacy SDH Network
• No need to change the remote TDM terminals
one by one at customer side.
• Save the end-customer’s investment and save
the SP’s investment for new-generation packet
• Rich experience on TDMoP (SAToP/CESoPSN) and
clock sync technologies ( ACR/DCR/SyncE/
• <50ms protection for TDM Service.
• 96xE1 or 24xSTM-1 or 6xSTM-4 ports, aggregate
maximum to 1.5K E1 services in 2U chassis. 13
IP MPLS Network
Transmission – Legacy Migration
• The forwarding path of most services are fixed from the CPE to the edge of Core network.
• MPLS-TP access supply predictability, reliability and OAM tools.
• The access/aggregate MPLS ring is
build with iTN8800.
• The iTN8800 will act as a demarcation
device between MPLS-TP and IP
• Use MS-PW change the static L2VPN
service to dynamic L2 service.
• The iTN8800 uplink port should be in
the same route domain as the edge
of IP MPLS network.
• Support both MPLS-TP and IP MPLS
IP MPLS Network
ETH/E1 Static L2VPN Dynamic L2VPN
Transmission – MPLS-TP interop IP/MPLS
• The iTN201-R is a platform for
transmiting 4G/3G/2G traffics.
RAX711-R helps to make a cost-
effective way to send 2G services.
• Transit the LTE S1/X1 data based
on L3VPN at the CPE help to
reduce the load of aggregators.
• Multi layer protection and
OAM/SLA for the critical voice
• A series cost-effective device
supporting both TDMoP and MPLS
• Support both PTP and SyncE
features for clock synchronization.
• LTE service must use MPLS L3VPN for mobile signal and user data.
• IEEE1588v2 BC/TC and GPS, all can be used as clock.
eNodeB eNodeB2G 2G
IP E1 IP E1
Grand MasterHow to Into MBH Market?
Mobile Backhaul – IPRAN
• iTN201-R and RAX711-R act as a MCE (Multi-VRF CE) device for multi-tenant L3 services.
• Customer’s different L3VPN services can share the
same device. Reduce the CapEx.
• PSN network can choose both L2VPN or Carrier
Ethernet pass through the service, not only MPLS
• Wire-speed L3 VRF and IP forwarding.
• Small compact router, GE combo plus E1 ports.
A universal PSN platform that
addresses all IP/MPLS, MPLS-TP and
Carrier Ethernet technologies
High- Reliability Aggregation
ü MPLS-TP & IP/MPLS stacks
ü Carrier Ethernet 2.0
ü Network scalability
ü High density and capability
ü High Available
ü Multi services (ETH/TDM access)
NXU Main Control Card: iTN8800-NXU
Switch Capacity:120Gbps, Console and SNMP
RX2 iTN8000-RX2: 2x10GE XFP
RG8 iTN8000-RG8: 8xGE SFP
RE16 iTN8000-RE16(-BL): 16xE1 TDMoPwith SAToP/CESoPSN,
PSN type: MPLS
RS4 iTN8000-RS4: 4xSTM-1 or 1xSTM-4 TDMoP
TAU iTN8000-TAU: IEEE1588v2 Clock
System Overview iTN8800
Main Control Card. Switch Capacity:56G
4GF:UPLINK:4*1G SFP, DOWNLINK:6*1G SFP/12*1G TSFP
2XG:UPLINK: 2*10GE XFP, DOWNLINK: 6*1G SFP/12*1G TSFP
iTN200-SUB-4GF: 4xGE SFP
iTN200-SUB-2XG: 2x10GE XFP
Sub Card: iTN200-SUB-TSU(-BL), IEEE1588v2 Clock
Sub Card: iTN200-PWE3-8E1T1-BL, 8xE1/T1 with balance port,
Sub Card: iTN200-PWE3-8E1, 8xE1, SAToP/CESoPSN
System Overview iTN201-R
MPLS-TP to CE
MPLS-TP to IP/MPLS
MPLS/IP to CE
• NNI to NNI between
• Multi-access technologies.
Last mile for CE, MPLSx in
a single box
One Universal Platform for All
• MPLS Seamless service provisioning software is very expensive and difficult to integrate One
NMS for Overlay Network
• One NMS for Access Network (NVIEW)
• One Common IMS to act as “Manager of Managers / Trap Receiver”
• Integrate NView with other platforms
Vendor A (Core/AGG) sets up overlay tunnel via
RC (AGG/ACC) sets up end-to-end PW & LSP via
All Vendor NMS send monitoring and alarm info to
Carrier IMS (integrated Management System)
End-to-end Service Provisioning
Access Service Manager