Shell command line is surely the best user interface in the world. Unfortunately some disagree with that and avoid using anything that requires a terminal.
At Allegro we operate a petabyte scale, secured Hadoop cluster that is used by more than two hundred of our employees. In this talk we present our experience in creating a user friendly big data ecosystem.
This will include:
* Jupyter Spark notebooks to write and run Spark jobs from a web browser,
* Hue webapp for executing Hive queries and scheduling Oozie workflows,
* Spark deployment platform integrated within Atlassian Bamboo,
* Hadoop desktop client to access HDFS from workstations,
* Active Directory Integration.
All the presented solutions are built on the top of open source projects.