PGC NEWSLETTER1st April 2014 1
1st April 2014
THOUGHT OF THE DAY
“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin
• The Reserve Bank of India is expected to keep its policy interest rate
unchanged on Tuesday after retail inflation, which has become its
preferred price gauge, eased to a 25-month low in February.
CORPORATE LAW UPDATES
• The new Companies Act, 2013, will come into force from today.
60%percent law applicable from today.
• Scheme of arrangement between parent company and resulting
company was of demerger which amounts to reconstruction as per
article 20(d) of Schedule-I of Gujarat Stamp Act, 1958 and applicant
was required to pay for change of ownership as per section 2(g) and
article 20(d) of Schedule-I of Stamp Act.
• The government on Monday issued the rules governing the audit
applicable from today contains mandatory rotation of auditors.
RBI / TAX LAW UPDATE
• RBI: RBI has recommended the Centre reduce its holdings in public
sector banks. This, it says, is essential for robust corporate governance
practices, considering these lenders’ deteriorating asset quality and
• IT: Derivative losses weren't bogus merely because transaction involved
two client codes which was rectified by NSE.
MCX CRUDE OIL
Dow Jones Industrial