Stand out from the CROWD                            With our PROFESSIONAL CV service       LinkedIn: CV/Resume killer?    ...
Stand out from the CROWD                                       With our PROFESSIONAL CV service                 LinkedIn t...
Stand out from the CROWD                                             With our PROFESSIONAL CV service                     ...
Stand out from the CROWD                                       With our PROFESSIONAL CV service  Who uses what from your L...
Stand out from the CROWD                                                With our PROFESSIONAL CV service                  ...
Stand out from the CROWD                              With our PROFESSIONAL CV service                     One last though...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

LinkedIn cv resume killer

976 views

Published on

LinkedIn: CV/Resume Killer? No, but it is the essential turbo-boost for your career or job search

http://cv4.biz/professional-cv/

Published in: Career, Technology, Business
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
976
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
11
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
3
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

LinkedIn cv resume killer

  1. 1. Stand out from the CROWD With our PROFESSIONAL CV service LinkedIn: CV/Resume killer? Ian R McAllister M.Eng MBA UK Professional Recruiter Principle, CV4.biz http://cv4.biz info@cv4.biz 0844 884 2825http://cv4.biz 0844 884 2825 info@cv4.biz
  2. 2. Stand out from the CROWD With our PROFESSIONAL CV service LinkedIn the CV/Resume Killer?• Proposal: LinkedIn is a CV/Resume killer• Assumed Conclusion: who needs a CV/Resume, when you have a LinkedIn profile?• Purpose of a CV/Resume: to get you a Telephone Interview (singular/focused)• Question: What is the purpose of a LinkedIn profile? Be found (SEO) Reconnect Networking Influence ConnectReputation Management Learn & CreateBe sold to/Bought from Oh, and act as you CV/Resumehttp://cv4.biz 0844 884 2825 info@cv4.biz
  3. 3. Stand out from the CROWD With our PROFESSIONAL CV service Job Application Chances of Success They Know You: Promotion Competition REDUCING INCREASING You Are Recommended To Them: Networking You Approach Them: Targeting They Find You: Recruitment You Apply: Job Application Search Background & Find CheckThere are five basic ways to get employed:• They Know You: Promotion, 70% chance of success• You Are Recommended To Them: Supplier, Buyer, Competitor, Head Hunting, 30%• You Approach Them: Direct targeting to 50 companies, 30%• They Find You: Recruitment, 15%• You Apply: Job Application from newspaper or jobs boards, 8% http://cv4.biz 0844 884 2825 info@cv4.biz
  4. 4. Stand out from the CROWD With our PROFESSIONAL CV service Who uses what from your LinkedIn profile?By 2011, 97% of Recruiters use LinkedIn to source and recruit new and suitable candidates Value to whom? Recruiter/Employer? Name Connections Background Check Title Connections/Sales people Search Employer Connections/Sales people Search/Background Education Connections/Friends Search/Background Recommendations Connections Search/Background Connections Background Summary (You + Sales) Connections/Sales Search/Background Positions (Up to 5 years old) Connections/Friends Search/Background Positions (Up to 7 years old) Connections/Friends Background Positions (Over 7 years old) Friends/Colleagues Interesting History Groups Connections Search/Background Contact details Sales No need…http://cv4.biz 0844 884 2825 info@cv4.biz
  5. 5. Stand out from the CROWD With our PROFESSIONAL CV service Summary• CV/Resume is a job-focused piece of communication • confirm you have the required 5-8 technical Skills, Qualifications, Experiences• LinkedIn profile is about networkingDon’t think about LinkedIn as the CV/Resume killer…. …but the essential turbo-boost to your career• As a catch-call fishing net, its purpose is far, far wider than a focused CV/Resume • It provides more information than a recruiter/employer requires of a CV/Resume • But, it hence actively catches employment opportunity that a CV/Resume never could• Wondering why Headhunters & Recruiters don’t call you? • If you don’t have a LinkedIn profile = can’t find you/can’t confirm that you exist • Do have a LinkedIn profile = its not filled out/SEO’d correctlyhttp://cv4.biz 0844 884 2825 info@cv4.biz
  6. 6. Stand out from the CROWD With our PROFESSIONAL CV service One last thought… If you need some help… Submit your CV for a free review at: http://cv4.biz/freecvreview Call us on: 0844 884 2825 Thank You, and Good Luck!http://cv4.biz 0844 884 2825 info@cv4.biz

×