Guideline about responsible use of social networks
• Social networking web sites such as and are
useful Internet tools to keep in touch with friends
and family, and can be utilized to meet new
people with similar interests.
• These sites have become very popular among
• These sites can be a positive
and beneficial resource for
youth, but only if they used
them in the responsible way.
• Too often, however, adolescents include too
much personal information, talk about things
that could get them into trouble, or otherwise
place themselves at risk by what they share on
their online profiles.
• Virtually everyone that uses the media needs
to understand the benefits of responsible use
and the consequences of irresponsible use.
• We could establish three major areas within
which we can group the main risks associated
with tic's and social networks:
• EXPOSURE TO HARMFUL CONTENT,
• EXCESSIVE TIME COMMITMENT
• AND THE POSSIBILITY OF CONTACT WITH
POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS TO THE PHYSICAL
OR MENTAL INTEGRITY OF PERSONS.
• The main risks that we may face are:
• ABUSIVE AND ADDICTIVE USE
• That often results in heavy dependence or
abuse and social isolation and / or waiver to
be with friends
• VIOLATION OF RIGHTS OF INDUSTRIAL OR
• Closely related to the phenomenon,
widespread illegal downloading at all ages
• ACCESS TO INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT
• The ability to access inappropriate content
capable offend the sensibilities contained
pursued by the law, fake content ...
• A risk bolstered by the ease offered by tic's
hiding under false identities, which has caused
the number of cases of harassment has
increased considerably, becoming a teen pop
• GROOMING AND SEXUAL HARASSMENT
• The grooming define a tactic commonly used
by pedophiles to contact potential victims.
• THREATS TO PRIVACY
• Privacy in the network is the ability of
individuals to control what information
reveals self on the set of Internet and control
who can access it.
• ECONOMIC RISK AND / OR FRAUD
• Any internet user can be subject to fraud or
computer scam. Highlight phishing, a form of
fraud in order to try to get users to their data,
passwords, bank accounts, credit card
numbers, identities, all possible data before
being used fraudulently.
• TECHNICAL AND / OR RISK MALWARE
• The use of the Internet can expose you to
viruses and other malicious software
• ONLY CONNECT WITH THOSE
YOU KNOW OR THOSE YOU ARE
CERTAIN CAN BE TRUSTED.
• DON’T ADD PEOPLE AS
“FRIENDS” UNLESS YOU KNOW
THEM IN REAL LIFE.
• DON’T ACCUMULATE THOUSANDS OF
“FRIENDS” ONLY FOR INCREASE THE LIST.
JUST REMEMBER THAT THESE PEOPLE HAVE
OPEN ACCESS TO ALL OF YOUR POSTED
CONTENT AND INFORMATION.
• DON’T PUT ANYTHING ONLINE
YOU WOULDN’T WANT YOUR
WORST ENEMY TO KNOW.
• USE THE STRONGEST PRIVACY
SETTINGS THAT STILL ALLOW
YOU THE FLEXIBILITY YOU NEED
TO USE THE SITE IN THE WAY
• MAKE SURE YOU SET YOUR PROFILE TO
“PRIVATE” SO THAT YOU CAN CONTROL
WHO HAS EASY ACCESS TO YOUR
• SHARE ONLY INFORMATION THAT
IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY,
ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU MAY NOT
KNOW WHO YOUR NETWORK OF
FRIENDS MIGHT BE SHARING IT
• USE DISCRETION WHEN PUTTING
PICTURES ON YOUR PROFILE
• BE WARY OF POSTS THAT ARE
EITHER OFFERING SOMETHING TOO
GOOD TO BE TRUE. TRUST YOUR
INSTINCT IF SOMETHING SEEMS
SUSPICIOUS. AND IF YOU KNOW
IT’S A FRAUD, REPORT IT TO THE
SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE.
• ALWAYS HAVE UP-TO-DATE, REPUTABLE
SECURITY SOFTWARE INSTALLED ON
EVERY DEVICE YOU ARE USING TO
CONNECT TO THE INTERNET/SOCIAL
• CHOOSE A SECURE BROWSER.
• Most of the activities conducted by our focus
on Internet browser so make a right choice is
• USE ADDITIONAL PLUGINS FOR THE
• It is suitable install some plugins to your
browser to increase blocking infected web
• TAKE CARE TO PROTECT YOUR COMPUTER
• Install an antivirus on your operating system,
there are many free and low heavy options.
• UPGRADE YOUR APPLICATIONS
• It is very important to keep our updated
applications, because in addition to offering
the most improved version of the application
or program normally have associated safety
• COMMON SENSE
• If sail without common sense the chances of
problems have increased considerably. Do not
sail suicidally, before clicking on a link on that
page well think you're already which can take
you. There is no better tool than oneself, to
monitor which pages you enter and leave in
• I use ICT respecting others, respecting me and
making me respect.
• I exercise my right to freedom and respect of
• I am taking my identity securely in my
interaction with others in technological
• I protect my integrity and personal safety and
that of others.
• I'm responsible with my privacy and that of
• I use ICT for the free development of my
personality and autonomy, and through it I do
acknowledge and respect my beliefs and
thoughts, and those of others.
• QUALITY OF LIFE
• I use ICT to improve my quality of life, making
sure to seek a healthy and peaceful
• CARE AND BEHAVIOR
• I'm aware that minors require special care
and support in the use of ICT.
• RESPECT THE LAW
• I do not use ICT to promote, query, view, buy
and share activities outside the law or any
other behavior that violates human rights.