In the given assignment, the team members are needed to develop a recruitment strategy for IBM. According to the given scenario, The Information Resources Management Department handles the company’s daily IT operations as well as managing new IT projects to improve the company’s business process. The HR Department has put in a request for an improved employees information management system with a view to integrate this with the payroll system. The Development Team from the Information Resources Management Department is planning to hire 3 new employees to assist with the project. The vacancies are for
• Network Administrator
• Project Manager
• Software Developer
On the basis of this case study the team has to complete the following group tasks:
• Produce 3 job descriptions
• Produce 3 personal specifications
• Produce 3 job advertisements
• Decide upon a recruitment strategy for the 3 posts
• Produce a recruitment timetable
• Design an interview strategy/approach for each of 3 posts
The individual tasks include the following:
• Two suitable vacancies and justification for these vacancies
• A CV targeted at each vacancy.
• An application letter targeted at each vacancy.
• For each vacancy, prepare questionnaires which will be asked during the interview sessions.
• A reflection of the module.